Headlamp replacement How do you get the old bulb out?
According to Nissan PDFs on line, it seems pretty straight forward,
although it seems pretty cramped around the headlight assemblies (go
For the driver's side, it recommends removing the battery to make
some room in the 2004 book (I would agree, after seeing mine). For all,
it recommends at least removing the negative battery cable.
It states several times NOT TO TOUCH THE BULB. The grease from
your fingers will reduce the life of the bulb, if not damage it
I pasted the links for the PDFs below- one for the 2002 and one for the 2004. I can't wait to tackle mine in -20 weather.
Oh yeah- you will have to re-program your radio after disconnecting the battery.
Update: (Dec. 29/07) I changed mine today, and it was very easy.
1. Remove battery for driver's side bulb.
2. Unplug electrical connection to bulb. There is a locking clip
that you depress with your thumb to unlock the connection to the bulb
3. Turn the locking collar counterclockwise to unlock, and remove.
4. Remove dead bulb.
5. After comparing the bulbs to make sure they match, holding
the new bulb by the plastic casing at the rear, insert the new bulb
making sure the notches seat into the seating tabs. Remember- DON'T
TOUCH THE BULB!
6. Re-install the locking collar clockwise, and the electrical connection plug.
7. Re-install the battery for driver's side installation. (Might be a good time to clean the posts if they are corroded.)
8. Test the bulb. Re-set your clock and re-tune the radio.
UPDATE- with small enough hands, you do not have to disconnect the battery. This is a wasted step.
ANOTHER UPDATE: I just used these instructions, and they were very good, but for older Sentras it's a little different.
On a 1996 there is no "clicking" mechanism to turn counter
clockwise. Instead there is a wire holder keeping the bulb in place.
You have to remove the wire holder, and then you can pull out the bulb
in its holder. On the holder there was a plastic piece marked "press
here" which when pressed, allows you to pull the old bulb out of the
Hope helped (remember rated this help).
Oct 16, 2009 |
2003 Nissan Sentra