Question about Toshiba Satellite A15-S157 Notebook
Am using WinXP Pro SP2 on my Toshiba which I bough second hand a couple of weeks ago. The problem is that it does not navigate interent when using my wireless connection. The connection shows excellent signals and connection. When I directly type in a webpage address in address bar, it connects to that page immediately. However, it does not go any further from that page e.g. no searches or next page etc. However, if I type the next page's address directly it goes there. When I use my ethernet cable with Toshibsa, there is no problem whatsoever in navigation. I tried following solutions
1) Uninstall and install network and wireless cards with latest drivers
2) Format and re-install Win XP
I do not have the recovery CDs so I am desperate to solve
A couple of things you can try:
1. Set static IP address on your WiFi Card including your ISP's DNS;
2. In your browser, go to Tools, Options, Advanced, Setting and check/tick "Auto-detect Proxy settings for this connection"
3. If you have the option to Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections, check/tick that also;
4. Right click on your WiFi networking icon and click on repair;
5. Google, download & merge to your registry "winxp_dnscache.zip" which is a patch for Win 2k/XP not to cache failed DNS entries.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Pls post back how things turns up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Posted on Oct 21, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2013 | Toshiba Satellite A45-S1202 Notebook
Apr 19, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
Jan 09, 2009 | Toshiba Tecra M2V-S330 Notebook
Sep 04, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A65-S126 Notebook
Oct 19, 2007 | Toshiba Satellite A15-S157 Notebook
Oct 01, 2007 | Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro V2000 Notebook
Aug 22, 2007 | Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Apr 22, 2014 | Toshiba Satellite A15-S157 Notebook
Apr 18, 2014 | Toshiba Satellite A15-S157 Notebook
185 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!