Question about Kitchen Ranges
Kenmore stove Model 790.9743, in daily use for a few months, still smells like burning plastic whenever I use the oven. I assumed this was just an initial "burning off," but three months? Is there a way to hasten the process, or is this something wrong?
We have had a new Frigidair oven for a few months, the first time I used the oven broiler blue/white smoke started pouring out the oven vent and continued for 5 minutes after shutting it off. Having worked as an electrician for years I knew immediately it was wire insulation burning and informed the repairman of that when he came, but he also didn't leave it on very long and claimed the the smell is some chemical burning off the elements. It was and still is very obviously wire insulation burning and several months later is still giving me headaches and making me feel constantly ill as I have no choice but to use it every day and even with fans on and the doors open during -6 weather I feel horrible. I'm just about to take it apart myself since I can stand it no longer and Frigidair service is useless. It likely is going to result in a lawsuit, DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIR IF YOU CARE ABOUT
Posted on Feb 02, 2017
That's funny that you mention this because we just bought the very same oven a few months ago and just installed it.I have used it only a few times and like yours it has the burning smell, I thought the same as you that its because it is new. Anyway when opening the door to put in a pizza I hear something rattle which sounded like it was in the door. I could not see anything, I open the bottom drawer and there was a black plastic piece about 1 inch long of something, not sure what is is, I thought may be the door latch but it looks OK. For the life of me I do not know what it is or where it came from. I have sent an e-mail to Sears and should hear from them soon.I do hope that it is not part of the oven (inside). I just cannot understand why things are made so cheap and flimsy these days. Mean while I suggest looking all inside your oven for any foreign plastic parts. I do hope that it is just part of the packaging and not something that goes to the oven.
Posted on Jun 06, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2015 | Kitchen Ranges
Feb 16, 2015 | Ovens
Sep 08, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 16, 2014 | Dryers
Mar 27, 2013 | LG Ranges LRE30453ST 30 Inch Freestanding...
Apr 11, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 06, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 44173 30 in. Electric...
Jan 25, 2009 | Kenmore 64663 Microwave Oven
Nov 12, 2008 | Kenmore 79012 / 79014 / 79019 Gas Kitchen...
Apr 18, 2018 | Kitchen Ranges
1,145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!