Question about Bissell 7901-1 ProHeat Scotchgard Upright Wet/Dry Vacuum
My carpet cleaner will not spray liquid out My Bissell Proheat has stopped spraying also. The tool will spray a little but doesn't seem to have enough pressure to really SPRAY.
Thanks to many others who have posted on similar problems -- water
and/or solution sprays through the handheld tools, but not through the
As others have suggested, I removed the water reservoir, which exposes the 2 main water sprays mounted above the rollers. Using, pliers, I carefully slid the clips back. Gently but firmly removed the two red nozzles.
Elsewhere I have read suggestions to just do one nozzle at a time. However, I found out that if you remove both red nozzles, you can then blow through one side and it will come out the other. In my case, that dislodged a nice collection of crystal-like chunks (guessing it may be crystallized residue from the cleaning solution).
There was also a bit of blockage in one of the red nozzles, which I cleaned out. Make sure you can blow through both of them with little resistance.
Reassemble: Push red nozzles back into hoses. Using pliers, reposition sprung clip back over the red nozzle. Snap nozzles back into place. Refill tanks and power it up.
In my case, that resolved the problem of no sprays from the main machine. Sprays like new now. Hope yours does too!!
p.s. Make sure you do give it about a minute after you turn it on before you try spraying. If the pump is not allowed sufficient time to prime, you may not get proper flow.
Posted on Sep 26, 2009
Remove the bottom in order to access the innards and clean out all teh gunk you will no doubt find gathered there. Unhook one end of each clear plastic hose. Obtain a very small test-tube brush (only slightly smaller than the opening in the plastic tubes, approx. 3mm) and carefull scrub out each tube, then use the crevice tool from a vacuum cleaner (Bissell, of course), tape closed all but a small operening with ubiquitous duck tape, **** out the dirty water and any debris. Then reassemble the unit (good luck on that deal if you do not first secure an exploded diagram. Do not fail to do this or your wonderful Bissell will be laid to rest in your garage or landfill!) Before using, run several cups of clear water and a strong detergent like TSP to be sure all the "pipes" are clear and you see spray. Good luck, Bill
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 30, 2015 | Bissell Vacuums
Oct 09, 2014 | Bissell THE BISSELL LITTLE GREEN MACHINE...
Apr 25, 2014 | Electrolux Sanitaire SC688A Upright...
Sep 12, 2011 | Bissell 9200 Upright Vacuum
- Check to see if the machine will spray through the hose with the setting on tools. If it does, the pump is fine. Continue troubleshooting.
- Check for debris on spray tips. Clean them with a soft brush (on old tooth brush works well). The spray tips may be lifted out for easier access.
- Ensure the tank lid is properly attached to the bottom of the tank. To attach this properly, remove the Water Tank from the machine. Hook the front window onto the lip of the bottom container and then allow the window with lid to cover the complete tank. Secure the latch on the back of the bottom tank to the back of the tank lid. THE TANK LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE BOTTOM TANK IS ALREADY INSTALLED IN THE MACHINE.
- Check the bottom of the Water Tank and the Formula Tank to make sure each has a red auto-load gasket attached. Make sure the Water Tank and the Formula Tank are seated properly. Depress the x on this gasket to ensure this depresses and release back out. Liquid from the tank should dispense.
- Remove the handle completely and re-attach. Once the handle is re-attached, re-attempt to spray.
If the machine continues to not spray, check the following:
REMOVE THE COLLECTION TANK:
• Make sure the unit is set to water rinse
• Remove the smart mix bottle and fill it with water only
• Place the smart mix bottle into the collection tank reservoir
• Run the unit and try to spray. If the machine sprays, you will be able to see the water level decreasing in the smart mix bottle and you will need to replace the bottom tank. It is possibly warped.
If your machine continues to not spray, contact BISSELL Consumer Servies at...
Mon-Fri: 8am to 10pm ET
Sat: 9am to 8pm ET
Aug 28, 2010 | Bissell Carpet Cleaner Powerbrush Deep...
Apr 08, 2010 | Bissell Carpet Cleaner Powerbrush Deep...
Dec 12, 2009 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Jul 27, 2009 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
May 11, 2008 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
Jan 14, 2007 | Bissell SpotBot Robotic Wet/Dry Vacuum
1,051 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!