a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If maps get outdated enough, any device can go awry. Keeping your maps updated should keep it working fine. TomTom has Tele Atlas map updates at their map store here: http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/select.php
If your maps are in fact updated and you're still having difficulty, it might be time for an upgrade
Hi Albert. Theres lots of data on the card besides the map that your tomtom needs in order for it to work. Theres really no solution can be offered as unfortunatly something has happened to the data on your card and something is either missing or corrupted. Exactly what would need to be investigated and its not really within the scope of doing so on this forum. Without any judgement to you or anyone else can I warn all other tomtom users ..... BACK UP YOUR SD CARD TO YOUR COMPUTER before you attempt any "update" to your tomtom. If you have made a backup Albert then I suggest you reload the backup onto your card and everything should work again. Fingers crossed. You might need to do a hard reset by pressing the reset button underneath your tomtom with a paper clip through the reset hole. Good luck.
The problem is caused by a version mismatch between the Application version and the Map Version. They must both be the same. For example, if the TomTom has not had the application updated, but you updated the maps, the TomTom will not know how to read the file.
Make sure that if you are trying to use a version 815 map, that you are using a version 8.XXX application too. I had to upload two application version changes before I could read the new USA maps.
this problem just happened to me. i'd just bought my new tomtom one and tested it on the journey home. all was well and i was really impressed. that was until I got it home and went to update it to get the latest maps for my area. I installed all the software as instructed by the on screen prompts and downloaded the latest updates. i then went to turn the device on, and was greeted by a message stating ''no maps found!''
after almost two hours of complete frustration, i then tried probably the easiest solution anyone could think of:
First of all, connect the device to your computer and close down tom tom home. (making sure it isn't even open in the system tray).
Now, open my computer and find the device. it will be labelled as a storage device (mine was drive G). Open it up and find where the maps are saved to. Something like, UK and Ireland, or something similar relating the place you live. Once located, delete them manually.
Now, reopen tomtom home and go to tools. Click ''use latest map guarantee''. It will then download the maps again and install them onto the device.
Next disconnect using the option 'disconnect device'' from the device menu.
Finally turn on your tom tom if it doesn't automatically, and you should be back in business. This worked for me, after trying numerous way more complicated solutions I found in various forums.
I just had this same problem. Quite strange. I have a Tomtom One New Edition and connected to a Vista Ultimate computer. Here is what I did to fix the problem I was having.
Exited out of the Tomtom HOME application. Went to "Computer" and right clicked the Tomtom drive (was M: for me, could be different for you) with the Red Icon. Selected properties and click on tools. From there I selected "Error-Checking" and only checked "Automatically scan and fix errors for me". It said it found a couple errors and corrected it. I then doubled clicked the icon in the bottom right portion of my screen which looks like a USB plug with a green check mark on it. I selected the drive and clicked stop. I disconnected the usb plug and then used a small tack on the bottom of the Tomtom unit to reset the device. After that, I turned the unit on and all was fine and I could clearly see that an update was applied.
Good luck! They really should have a support bulletin for this as this is clearly a common issue.