Question about Lexmark X75 MF All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dear Sir, My printer is a Lexmark X75 All in One. The scanner and copier works fine but the Status light is flashing and I cannot print at all -- it says 'no communication with the printer' or 'driver not installed'. I downloaded a driver from the Lexmark site and installed it and have tried all sorts of things -- the power is fine, cables fine. Cartridges are good -- I put in a new colour one. Any suggestions? Yours, Cotoneaster
Please follow the instructions given below:
1. Disconnect the USB cable and the printer power cable.
2. Please disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
3. Then remove the cartridges from the printer.
4. Please reconnect the power supply back and turn on the printer.
5. If lights are blinking then printer encoder strip is most likely the problem. Unplug the power from the printer. Open the front cover and move the cartridge carrier to the center. You should see a white ribbon cable, a thin plastic strip and a black belt with teeth.
6. The thin plastic strip is the encoder strip. It rides in a sensor on the back of the cartridge carrier that you will not be able to see. Reach in with the first finger of either hand and carefully strum the strip as if playing a guitar.
7. The strip will need to be lowered slightly and brought towards you slightly. Please be careful not to break the strip or your printer will not function. Once you believe the strip is set correctly, plug the power back and let us know if the lights are still blinking.
8. If you cannot repair the strip, please let us know so that we can assist you further.
Please Note: Fixing the encoder strip is a delicate procedure. During the troubleshooting, if the strip breaks, you will not be able to use the printer.
9. However, if lights are not blinking then try inserting one cartridge at a time and check if you can see any lights blinking. If light blinks with one cartridge then that cartridge is defective.
Posted on May 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2011 | Lexmark X75 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 26, 2011 | Lexmark X75 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 15, 2011 | Lexmark X75 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 13, 2011 | Lexmark X75 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 03, 2009 | Lexmark X75 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 25, 2008 | Lexmark X75 MF All-In-One InkJet Printer
195 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!