Question about Toshiba Satellite U205S5067 Notebook
How to replace mini wireless card on Satellite U205 S5067 laptop problem: The original card is an Intel 4965A/B/G; I want to relace it with an Intel A/G/N mini wireless card. I want to know the following: 1) How to access the wireless card on my laptop 2) Will the 4965A/G/N be compatible and will it work
Tips for a great answer:
3. Unscrew the hard drive cover. Grab the hard drive tab and shift the hard drive to the left to unplug it. Lift the hard drive out of the bay.
4. Unscrew and remove the PCI memory cover, the optical drive cover, and switch cover.
5. Unscrew the two screws that hold the keyboard to the base, these are located in the middle of the rear panel. Flip the laptop over so it is right side up, open and remove the keyboard by using the keyboard release switches located above the keyboard. Next, unplug the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 Fan cable.
6. Close the laptop and turn it over so it is bottom up. Unscrew the display assembly screws located under the laptop screen hinges. Turn the laptop over so it is right side up. Open the laptop and unplug the display assembly cable and disconnect the wireless antenna from the display assembly. Unscrew the display assembly from the laptop base and remove.
7. Unplug the mouse pad cable. Turn the laptop over so the bottom side is up and unscrew the base screws which are located along all four sides of the laptop base. Gently remove the base of the laptop.
8. Turn the laptop over so it is right side up. Unplug the fan cable from the circuit board. Unscrew the screws holding the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 CPU fan assembly to the laptop. Lift the fan assembly out of the laptop.
9. Insert the new Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 CPU fan assembly into the lap top. Screw the assembly unit to the lap top and plug the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 CPU cooling fan cable into the circuit board.
10. Reassemble the laptop by repeating the previous steps in reverse order.
Hope this helps.
Apr 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 24, 2010 | Intel Toshiba Satellite Mini-PCI Laptop...
Sep 15, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite U205-S5034 Notebook
Sep 12, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite U205-S5034 Notebook
Sep 14, 2009 | Battery Technology for Toshiba Satellite...
Jul 06, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite U205 Notebook
Jul 01, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite U205 Notebook
Mar 19, 2009 | Intel Toshiba Satellite Mini-PCI Laptop...
Jun 04, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook
May 29, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Nov 09, 2017 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
241 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: