Question about KitchenAid KHMS2050SSS Microwave Oven
The microwave runs for approx 45 secs then stops with a message on the home screen that says error Code-F7.
Assuming yours is a model KHMS2050SSS0, here is what the technical sheet says about the F7 error code:
1. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
2. After 40 seconds, check to see whether this solves the problem.
3. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
4. Check cooling fan operation
5. Check the magnetron.
6. Check P65 connection on the relay control board.
7. Check the P56/P66 connection between relay board and relay control board.
8. Check wiring to the 1200W inverter and control system. See “Checking Inverters.”
9. Check operation of all interlock switches.
10. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
11. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
12. Check voltage at 4903-1 on relay board. If it is 120, unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
13. Replace inverter.
14. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
15. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
16. If problem persists, unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
17. Replace relay control board.
18. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
19. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
20. If problem persists, unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
21. Check for reversed plug connection on controls or loose wiring.
22. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
23. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
(This troubleshooting guide presumes one does not know how to test electronic components. That's why they say to replace and part and check it again.)
You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number from the tag on the oven here.
If yours is a different model number, please reply back.
Posted on May 26, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2016 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Control displaying F1 E5:
There may be a problem with the Oven Control, or the associated wiring.
Power unit down by turning off the circuit breaker(s) for one (1) minute.
Power unit up by turning on the circuit breaker(s).
Monitor the oven for one (1) minute to ensure the error code does not display again.
Verify oven operation.
Oct 23, 2015 | KitchenAid KEMS309BSS Combination...
Dec 09, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
May 22, 2011 | Whirlpool MH9181XM 1100 Watts Microwave...
Feb 06, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS2050S 1200 Watts Microwave...
Feb 01, 2011 | Whirlpool GH6177XPS Microwave Oven
Jan 30, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Oct 26, 2010 | Kenmore 68361 Microwave Oven
Sep 21, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 04, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
816 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!