Question about Garden
I have an weedeater brand weedeater adn I need to remove the spool so I can repace the string.
If its the newer weedeater brand
All you need to do is grab the bump knob end and pull it straight off no turning
wind your line in the direction the arrows on the spool shows you
to put back insert line or lines into the holes and snap back on
be sure the spool is able to move up and down freely after install
Posted on May 26, 2009
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 13, 2017 | Homelite Garden
Jul 05, 2012 | Husqvarna 128 LD Weedeater
Aug 11, 2011 | Black & Decker Garden
1. Disconnect the unit from the power
2. Remove the spool by firmly pulling on the
3. Clean entire surface of hub and spool.
4. Replace with a pre-wound spool or cut a
length of 30 feet of 0.065! (1.65 mm) diameter
Weed Eaterr brand line. Use of
heavier lines could overload and damage
WARNING: Never use wire, rope,
string, etc., which can break off and become a
5. Insert one end of the line about 1/2 inch (1
cm) into the small hole inside the spool.
6. Wind the line evenly and tightly onto the
spool. Wind in the direction of the arrow
found on the spool.
7. Push the line into the notch, leaving 3 to 5
inches (7 -- 12 cm) unwound.
8. Insert the line into the exit hole in the hub
as shown in the illustration.
9. Align the notch with the line exit hole.
10. Push the spool into the hub until it snaps
11. Pull on the line extending outside the hub
to release it from the notch; otherwise, the
unit will not function properly.
Thanks for choosing FixYa,
Jun 19, 2011 | Poulan Garden
Oct 07, 2010 | Poulan Weed Eater Rte115 4.5 Amp Electric...
Sep 29, 2010 | Homelite Mighty Lite Lawn Trimmer
May 28, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Jul 30, 2009 | Garden
Jul 07, 2009 | Black & Decker String Trimmer Cordless 12"...
Jun 27, 2009 | Poulan Garden
Feb 26, 2018 | Garden
1,053 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!