I can't tap in the numbers for the pin number properly. The screen loads correctly but it seems i need to tap at the opposite end of the screen to hit a "6" for instance. Its as if the touch sensitivity is rotated 180 degrees to the image.
Lots of important data on the internal memory, so i dont want to hard reset. Any suggestions?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
TomTom's GPS devices provide consumers with portable navigation solutions. Download maps, view turn by turn updates and listen to spoken directions on trips across town or across the country. TomTom has a variety of GPS products, but basic use and inputting destination information are almost identical across the board. If you're just taking your TomTom out of the box, you'll need to perform a few extra steps to complete set up. I am listing the 7 steps to use TomTom below;
1. Ensure your TomTom unit is fully charged. A full charge requires approximately two hours. Power the unit by pressing and holding the "On/Off" button for approximately two seconds. Make sure you are in an unobstructed area. Wait for the Tom Tom to power up and acquire a satellite signal.
2. Answer the on-screen questions to set up your device. The questions only appear if this is the first time you've used your Tom Tom. Otherwise, the driving view and your current location will be displayed.
3. Tap the center of the screen to open the main menu. Tap "Navigate To" and then tap "Address."
4. Choose the option that describes how you wish to enter the address you are navigating to. You may tap "City Center," "Street and House Number," "Zip Code" or "Cross Street or Intersection." To enter an exact address, choose the "Street and House Number" option.
5. Type in the requested information by tapping the letters or numbers on the screen. As you type, matching town and street names will appear in a list format. Choose the correct option from the list when it is displayed by tapping it. If prompted, enter the house number by tapping the corresponding numbers on the screen. When you are finished, tap "Done".
6. Select "Yes" or "No" when asked if you need to arrive at a particular time. If "Yes" is chosen, follow the instructions to enter in the desired arrival time.
Finally, follow the on screen and spoken directions to reach your destination.
The clerk login should never change without secret code programming so it seems very strange. What buttons are you pressing to log in. Are you sure you are using the correct PIN numbers for your clerks?
Go to parental controls in system settings.
When it asks 'Change Parental Controls settings?' tap yes.
When it brings up a numeric keypad, tap the center button, "I Forgot".
Next, tap "I Forgot" again. Now you will be shown a screen with a number at the bottom (the 'inquiry number').
Go to: http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp
Enter the 'inquiry number' number in the field marked confirmation
number. Set the current date in your timezone and click get reset code.
And Voila! Your DSi is now parental control free!
You can try to do a 'hard reset' to try to correct this issue:
On the base of your unit, there is a small pin hole(e.g. near the mini USB socket): insert a small pin/stick an press the reset button while the unit is powered on. This will reset your GPS software nd hopefully fix your issue.
ps. Also make sure that you are using the correct language for your GPS as there are countries specific variations for the displayed menus and keyboard mappings.
Depending on the operating system of your TomTom you should be able to tap the screen then tap the forward arrow until you see "add favorite". Tap "add favorite" then tap "address", then tap "street and house number". Type in the city. This will bring up a screen with several cities on it. Select the city you want, then type in the street name. the next screen will let you put the street number in. tap done. Tap OK on the next screen.
For enabling security code;
Start -> Settings -> Lock
Check "Prompt if device unsed for"
Choose password type i-e,
Simple Pin means NUMBERS ONLY (e,g. 123456)
Strong Alphanumberic means NUMBERS & LETTERS (e,g. 1a2b3c4d5e6f)
For Simple Key Lock;
Tap Device Unlock on today screen;
If not shown enable from;
Start -> Settings -> Today
Tap Items -> Check Device Lock
Tap OK And will now appear on today screen..
The Mastercode: This is the code needed to reset the Security code, nothing else, and it's for your phone only. You type in security codes (any) until the phone request the Mastercode, when it does, leave your phone still, don't use it for 15 minutes, then type in the Master code.
SIM pin code: This is a pin code that locks the sim card until you enter the correct code. This protects your account, even if your sim is put into another handset.
If this is the code you need then: Pin Unlock Code (PUK) If you miss keyed (or forget) your SIM PIN code, and enter the wrong one 3-5 times in a row, the sim will lock up, and you'll need to enter the unlock code to release it. You should ask your Service Provider for this code when you need it. Don't try to guess it, because after a few wrong guesses, the sim will be permanently disabled.
You should have a PUK number, on the plastic card where your sim card was. Enter 2-3 more pin numbers and your phone will lock itself and request the PUK number... tap it in and hey! Presto.
PUK number is available from your network service provider.
You can try a master reset. With the unit off hold your finger on the upper right hand corner of the touch screen and tap the power button. Continue holding your finger on the screen until you see a message "This operation will erase all waypoints, do you want to continue?" (this could take up to a minute)
Tap yes and the unit should reboot then attempt to acquire satellites.