Question about Canon EOS 40D Digital Camera
Every time I'm in the creative zone, i have to press it the first time for the shutter to close, then once again for it to open. I change the apeture and ISO and it always happens. Sometimes it never opens the shutter.
Your camera could be enabled for Mirror Lock-Up, thus needing two presses of the shutter to shoot - first press to lock mirror up till vibration dissipates, second press to activate shutter.
In the menu, go to C.Fn III: Auto Focus/Drive, #7 - turn that off/disable.
Posted on Jun 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2011 | Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS / 1000D IS...
Jul 08, 2011 | Nikon D7000 Digital Camera
These are the instructions posted on the Armitron website. I hope they help.
1. From Time Telling Mode, press 'B' twice to enter the
2. Press 'A'. Alarm Hours flash. Press 'C' to advance the
3. Press 'B'. Alarm Minutes flash. Press 'C' to advance the
4. Press 'B'. Alarm Time Zone flashes. Press 'C' to select
either Time Zone 1 or Time Zone 2.
NOTE: The Alarm is available in one Time Zone only.
5. Press 'A' to end set sequence.
6. Press 'B' to return to Time Telling Mode.
ACTIVATING THE ALARM AND HOURLY CHIME
1. While in Alarm Mode, press 'C' to activate the Alarm.
The Alarm symbol appears to indicate the Alarm will
sound at the preset Alarm Time for 20 seconds or until
'A', 'B' or 'C' is pressed.
2. Press 'C' again to activate the Hourly Chime.
"CHIME" appears to indicate the Hourly Chime will sound
every hour on the hour.
3. Press 'C' again to deactivate the Alarm.
4. Press 'C' again to deactivate the Hourly Chime.
5. Press 'B' to return to Time Telling Mode.
Apr 12, 2011 | Armitron Digital Sport #40/8095SIL Watch
Auto-Set Time and Date Settings
This model is equipped with the Auto-Set feature, meaning that the time and date have been programmed at the factory
and will already be set when you first plug the model in. Auto-Set will automatically adjust the time and date settings for
daylight-saving time and leap years. Auto-Set is programmed for Eastern Standard Time; if you do not live in this time zone,
you can easily switch the setting to one of six other time zones.
1. To change your time zone setting, press and hold the 8 Time Zone Button. The current Auto-Set Time Zone in the
lower-right-hand corner of the display will flash for approximately ten seconds, after which the display will revert to the
standard clock display.
2. While the Auto-Set Time Zone is flashing, press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to select your time zone.
The display will show each zone's current time setting. There are seven zones to choose from:
Auto-Set Time Zones
Z-01 Atlantic Standard Time
Z-02 Eastern Standard Time
Z-03 Central Standard Time
Z-04 Mountain Standard Time
Z-05 Pacific Standard Time
Z-06 Alaskan Standard Time
Z-07 Hawaiian Standard Time
3. Find your time zone, then press the 4 Enter Button or wait about ten seconds for the clock to beep twice and the
setting to lock into place.
Manual Time and Date Settings
1. To change your time setting, press and hold the J Time Set Button so that the clock display begins flashing.
2. While the display flashes, press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to set the time. Hold a button for a few
seconds to set the time rapidly. Be sure to set the correct AM/PM time, shown by the PM Indicator.
3. After setting the time, press the 4 Enter Button or wait about ten seconds for the clock to beep twice and the setting
to lock into place.
4. To change the calendar, press and hold the 9 Date/7-5-2 Button until the display shows the flashing year.
5. Press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to set the current year. When you have selected the year, press the
4 Enter Button, then use the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to set the month/day.
6. After you have set the date, press the 4 Enter Button or wait for the display to beep twice and lock into place.
Mar 15, 2011 | Timex (T307S) Clock Radio
Dec 05, 2010 | Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS / 1000D IS...
Mar 09, 2009 | Canon Rebel XT / EOS 350D Digital Camera
Feb 06, 2009 | Canon Rebel XT / EOS 350D Digital Camera
Jan 04, 2009 | Canon Digital Rebel / EOS-300D Digital...
Mar 22, 2008 | Olympus Camedia C-350 Digital Camera
Dec 18, 2011 | Canon EOS 40D Digital Camera
142 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: