Question about Xerox Phaser 850 Printer
Xerox 850 color printer had paper jam now prints off the bottom of page from manual feed and jams half way up from tray. Timing problem??
Try these steps.
Print transfer jams
1. If a piece of paper is trapped in the paper preheater, try pushing out the paper by
inserting a stiff piece of cardstock into the paper preheater.
2. Using diagnostics, test the paper preheater sensors. If the test fails, replace the
paper/drum heater assembly.
3. Check to see if the upper feed roller drive belt is broken or slipped off of its pulleys. In
such a case, the upper feed roller does not rotate when the lower feed roller rotates.
4. Check that the feed rollers rotate smoothly and that the front cover is fully closed and
5. Check the paper-eject path for obstructions. Ensure no small pieces of paper are
trapped around the stripper fingers or rapid release guide.
6. Ensure that the transfix roller rotates during the transfix process. See SF168 and
7. Test the sensors in the paper path. Look for damaged or non-operating sensor flags.
8. Check the transfix solenoid and its cam. Ensure they operate correctly and are properly
lubricated. If lubrication is needed, apply a dab of grease to the contact point between
the cam and the latch and the cam and the cam-advanced spring. Refer to
"Lubrication" on page 6-177.
9. A stripper finger, or rapid release guide, jam can occur because of broken teeth on the
small section of the back-side of the compound gear. The root cause of this may be also
be due to a lack of transfix cam grease. If you find broken teeth on the compound gear,
check for proper lubrication of the transfix cam. Be careful to ensure that no grease
touches the Y-axis belts. If the belts get contaminated with grease they must be
replaced. wipe off any excess grease to prevent it from dripping onto the belts.
Hope this helps
Posted on May 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2010 | Samsung CLX-3175FN Color Laser All-in-One...
Aug 31, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4L Printer
Jun 17, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
May 26, 2009 | Samsung CLP-315W Laser Color Printer
May 21, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8200 Laser Printer
Mar 31, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 850DP Thermal Printer
Mar 06, 2009 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
Sep 26, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8200 Laser Printer
Jun 18, 2008 | HP PSC 1315 All-In-One InkJet Printer
117 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!