No blockage, but no suction and food disaappeared?
OK, I tried a solution I found on here yesterday and I still can't resolve my problem. I took the entire vaccuum apart, down to the motor, shown a flashlight through every tube and possible hole. There's NO clog or any kind of blockage that I can find. The base has suction, but the side units do not. Also, after vaccuuming up my son's cheerios, they disappeared!! Where the heck did they go? I tore it apart again and can't find them. they did not come back out when vaccuuming yesterday. What do I do? I'm trying to fix this for my husband who just wants to bring it somewhere to get fixed. HELP!! Thanks in advance.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I've just replied to your previous question - however, due to the further information you've supplied here, I'd encourage you to call our Helpline, so we can run through some troubleshooting with you to resolve this issue. Our Helpline number is 0800 298 0298 - please have the machine to hand when you call.
It sounds as though the hose is blocked. I would recommend following the blockage procedure. If this does not resolve the problem, please call our Helpline on 0800 298 0298, between the hours of 7am - 10pm, 7 days a week.
I have a Bissell as well, and found that your issue sounds like there is a blockage in the hosing to the main cleaner part of your machine, The siphon action of the suction that your machine is obviously working in that you state that your accessories tubing is working. There is a split though in your unit. probably under the hood of the machine which splits the pressure between the accessories and the main unit. I highly suggest you look there to seek your blockage.
This unit works like a "straw" in a soda pop.. the unit makes a suction draw and that draw is directed to the main unit area and the accessory area, splitting from the main suction line..
Another suggestion though might be to be sure your accessory line is not "open" when you are trying to use your main unit.. you can test this by seeing it it squirts when you run your main unti as well.
Summary then is to check that there is no blockage after the "T" where the pressure seperates to the main squirter and the accessories.. This should be fairly obvious to see and a little cleaning should resolve this right up for you.
Hope that helps!
I had a similar problem with my upright and just resolved it today. Mine was also picking up with the beater bar, but not as good as it should and it had very little suction at the hose.
I did everything it said to do in my owners manual...
I looked into every entry to the dirt cup.
I checked for blockages into the bottom of the vacuum.
I cleaned the HEPA and regular filters and dirt cup - still no success.
I made sure the belt was working properly.
I finally sat and looked at how things should get into the clear dirt cup (bagless model).
I finally realized it had to be a blockage in the hose.
I completely detached the hose from the vacuum - this took some muscle.
Took the hose outside and used my high pressure nozzle on my garden hose to spray out the hose. It took a few seconds before a pretty large & stiff piece of paper (2"x2") and much more very dirty stuff finally blew out...
No wonder the vacuum had no suction!!!
The paper that was blocking the hose reminds me of a piece found under a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! YIKES, it was probably candy causing yet more problems besides the extra pounds!!!
Hope this helps - I'm not an expert, just a frustrated cleaning fanatic who hates it when mechanical things don't work right!
My Dyson had exactly the same problem. I found the problem was caused by a blockage in the hose. Take the hose out where it joins the cleaner (it will come out if you pull it downwards gently) and take the hose out of the handle by squeezing the yellow buttons on either side. I pushed a rubber alkathene pipe down and found a piece of plastic was blocking it even though at first I was sure it wasn't blocked.
Ok you have A blockage, Remove flexi hose completly from rear of machine & completly remove wand & handle from the hose.
Now check flexi hose for obstruction if none present move on to the wand & hanndle look down through tha wand for any obstruction look very carefully where the plastic handle meets alloy tube there is A slight bend here often A coin gets stuck here & flips accross to block oppening when you try to use wand.
If you cant see anything coin etc put hose back on machine & switch on there should be good suction from the flexi hose,
Now with machine still switched on push alloy pipe back on if the hose suddenly pulls back & there is poor or no suction you definately have A coin stuck at the bend.