Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Actually a very common problem. Try the following:
1. Power down then re-power up the scanner.
2. Try slightly moving scanner. Sometimes a small change works to fix.
3. Change one of your scan setting to flatbed scan (not adf). Do a test scan under this setting. This will usually kick start scanner unit to unlock.
4. Last resort, by does also work...give it a medium slap on the side, sometimes unjams the scanner light.
5. Super last resort, power down over night, it almost always works the next day. (could be that lock up is heat related to scan lamp, dont know but just a guess).
Excellent scanner, so worth the effort to try these fixes.
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2010 | Visioneer OneTouch 8100 Flatbed Scanner
Jul 13, 2009 | Visioneer OneTouch 5800 Flatbed Scanner
Jan 05, 2009 | Visioneer OneTouch 8650 Flatbed Scanner
Jun 25, 2008 | Visioneer OneTouch 5800 Flatbed Scanner
Dec 30, 2007 | Visioneer OneTouch 5800 Flatbed Scanner
Aug 14, 2007 | Visioneer OneTouch 7100 Flatbed Scanner
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!