Question about Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Where does the memory stick go? can't find instructiuons. Jack
Assuming that you have the Brother HL-1440, your printer comes with 2MB installed. You may upgrade it up to 32MB maximum. However, your printer appears to use SIMM memory modules. The specs for the printer should be:
Speed: 60-80 nsec
Output: 32 or 36 bit
To install the memory:
1. Turn off the printer an dunplug the power cord from the AC outlet. Disconnect the interface cable from the printer.
2. Open the rear cover by unscrewing the two screws that secure the access cover and remove the cover.
3. When handling your SIMM modules, pay close attention to static electricity discharges, so be careful and hold the SIMM by the sides.
4. Install the SIMM into the slot at an angle, and then push it gently toward vertical alignment, it should click when it goes into place. DONT FORCE IT IN, be careful
5. Re-install the access cover and secure it with the screws.
6. Close the rear cover
7. Reconnect the interface cable, power cable and turn on the printer.
If all goes well, that should do it.
Posted on May 22, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2014 | Brother HL-1440 Laser Printer
As per the printer manufacturer website, Brother Hl-1440 printer is not compatible with Windows 7.
However, you may download & try installing the XP drivers for the printer in Windows XP mode.
To install in compatibility mode:
1.a. Right click on the setup file of the driver.
b. Click Properties.
c. Click Compatibility tab.
d. Under compatibility mode, check mark "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" from the drop down list.
e. Click Apply and then click ok.
2. a. Under "Privilege level", click "Run this program as an administrator".
b. Click apply and then click ok.
3. Install the driver successfully and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Jun 07, 2012 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Nov 01, 2011 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Jan 28, 2011 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Jun 25, 2010 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Apr 17, 2010 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Mar 29, 2010 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
May 25, 2009 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Mar 27, 2009 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Feb 02, 2016 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
153 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!