Remove photoreceptor xerox 1505
1-6-4 Image formation section
(1) Detaching and refitting the image formation unit
Follow the procedure below to replace or check the image formation unit.
1. Pull the drawer out and open the front cover,
bypass tray and paper conveying unit.
2. Remove the waste toner tank and toner
3. Remove the two screws holding the waste
toner tank cover and then the cover.
4. Remove the screw holding the developing
retainer and then the retainer.
5. Remove the two screws and datach the
connector and remove the image formation
(3) Detaching and refitting the drum
Follow the procedure below to replace the drum.
• Avoid direct sunlight or strong light when detaching and fitting the drum.
• When removing the drum, spread paper underneath as there is a possibility of toner spill. Toner spill can be reduced by
inserting an approximately 20-mm thick pad under the image formation unit toward the developing section and removing
the drum with the unit slightly tilted.
• Hold the drum at the ends and never touch the drum surface.
• After removing the drum, keep it in the drum case or storage bag to protect the surface from light.
1. Remove the image formation unit (see page
2. Remove the main charger unit (see page 1-6-
3. Remove the four screw and blade spring, and
then open the cleaning unit.
• Slide the cleaning blade back and forth and
insert an approximately 4 to 4.5-mm thick
spacer between the retainer at the rear of
the cleaning unit and the housing.
4. Remove the screw holding the drum
grounding plate and then the plate.
5. Remove the E ring from the drum shaft.
6. Remove the screw holding the upper
developing seal and then the seal.
7. Pull the drum shaft out and remove the drum.
• Detach the drum horizontally.
8. Replace the drum and refit all the removed
• When replacing the drum, insert a sheet of
paper between the drum and developing
roller to prevent damage to the drum.
• Check the letter indicating the drum type
printed on the new drum flange.
• Securely insert the drum shaft as far as it
will go. When turning the drum shaft, turn it
in the direction indicated by the arrow
marked on the image formation unit frame.
• Rotate the drum in its rotational direction
and check that the cleaning blade does not
9. After replacing the drum, run maintenance
• U109 “Setting the drum type “ (set to the
drum type printed on the new drum flange)
• U110 “Checking/clearing the drum
count”(clear the drum count)
• U111 “Checking/clearing the drum drive
time” (clear the value)
Oct 27, 2008 |
Kyocera KM-1505 Copier