Question about Dyson DC28 Animal Bagless Upright Vacuum
Dc28 will not recline stuck in upright position
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
- Stand behind the vacuum cleaner and look at the right-hand side wheel
- Remove the AI PIPE (it has two purple buttons that you push together to lift it up and out - it looks like a Tuba)
- Lay the handle down and look for a black button that will be exposed in front of the square hole
- Stick your index finger and middle finger into the vacant AI Pipe Hole (the square hole)
- Reach over with your thumb and press the black button in front of the square hole
- Whilst pushing the black button, lift your index finger and your middle finger and move the gray plastic piece up (lift the square hole basically)
- Remove your fingers from the square hole
- Lift the handle and stand your machine back upright again
- Place the AI Pipe back into the square hole
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
The red pedal has slipped out of position. On both ends of the red pedal you'll see metal rods (the axel of the pedal). On one side you'll see the metal rod sits into a long groove, on the other side you'll see the metal rod sits into a round hole. They both have to be in the long grooves so you have to reposition the rod that's into the round hole by pulling it out and sliding it back into the long groove above the round hole. You'll now be able to bring the handle up and lock the machine back into the upright position.
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
you probably have suction just no aggitation. those units use a clutch assy with two belts unfortunately when the belts fail you have to replace the whole assy just like everything else on the dysons. check your brushroll for rotation and for hair wrapped around it. if the brushroll doesnt spin easily it will cause your belts to fail
Posted on Jan 03, 2010
Testimonial: "The unit is now working. Many thanks"
Hi there, it's Jack at Dyson.
I'm sorry to hear your DC28 doesn't seem to be working correctly. It sounds as though the change-over valve may be jammed - this diverts the suction to the hose when you remove the wand, and back to the cleaner head when you replace the wand on your machine.
You may find a blockage is jamming the valve - you can check for this using our online Support guide:
If you can't find any obstructions, please get in touch with us directly as we'd appreciate the opportunity to provide further assistance. If you email us at askdysonUS@dyson.com, we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
Dyson Online Customer Support
Posted on Dec 06, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 17, 2014 | Dyson DC25 Animal Bagless Upright Vacuum
Sep 04, 2017 | Dyson DC28 Animal Bagless Upright Vacuum
Jan 10, 2014 | Dyson DC25 Animal Bagless Upright Vacuum
Sep 04, 2011 | Dyson DC28 Animal Bagless Upright Vacuum
Sep 02, 2011 | Vacuums
Jul 23, 2011 | Dyson DC28 Animal Bagless Upright Vacuum
May 08, 2011 | Dyson DC28 Animal Bagless Upright Vacuum
11 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: