- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To do this procedure you must be jailbroken. If you aren't, you can head to our Jailbreak How To's section and pick the jailbreak for your version of iOS (currently at the time of writing this is 7.0.4). Once done with that procedure and you have Cydia installed, head back here to continue.
*Don't be scared, it's easy to unjailbreak your device.
II. Install Winterboard
1. Open Cydia (if it isn't still open from the section above).
2. Tap Search in the bottom right corner.
3. Type in Winterboard.
4. Tap on Winterboard when it shows up.
5. Tap Install in the top right corner.
6. Tap Restart.
III. Use Winterboard
1. Open Cydia.
2. Search Cydia (either by searching using the search tab on the bottom right, or by tapping the section tab and then Themes (Springboard/Winterboard) icon).
3. Once you find the Theme you want and it says it's compatible with iOS 7, tap Install.
4. Tap Return to Cydia.
5. Open Winterboard.
6. Tap on Themes.
7. Select the theme you want to use.
8. Tap the home button and wait for it to respring the device
9. Repeat steps 1-8 to apply a different theme.
IV. Revert to the Original Apple Theme
1. Open Cydia.
2. Tap on Manage.
3. Tap on Packages.
4. Tap on Winterboard.
5. Tap Modify.
6. Tap Remove.
7. Tap Restart.
The latest version of iOS today is the iOS 7. And iOS 7 is supported by your tablet (Apple iPad 2 Wifi16gb). So it is much better if you will download the latest version for fuller productivity of your tablet.
First Generation iPads can use iOS 5
- but iOS 6 / 7 / 8 need an iPad 2 or newer and are not compatibel with first gen. iPhone
-updates can be made in iTunes connected to a computer or under settings - general - software update Upgrade iOS from within iOS device
(valid for iOS 5 and above)
Since iOS 5, it is possible to upgrade the iOS version without the need to connect the iOS device to a computer (over-the-air update). To upgrade to iOS 6/7/8, simply navigate to Settings > General > Software Update. The screenshot below demonstrates how to do so on an iPad, but this is also valid for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
The ipad 1 will not update to ios 7 because it will make it run too slow, and u don't want it at the speed it will run, apple decided to not let the ipad 1 work on ios 7 because of the speed and it would also make it crash heaps.
I suggest you let it download the updation file because
usually there is no option to abort the download and if you do not want to
install the update just decline the license agreement this will abort the
install and you would be able to use the old version. Note: Once you have
installed ios7 there is no direct downgrade available as Apple had stopped
signing the previous versions.