Question about Microwave Ovens
Odor in microwav e
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: burning odor, no heat
A burning smell along with a different sound (growl) USUALLY indicates a breakdown in the High Voltage Side. This is not a direct short (short circuit) or the line fuse would have blown shutting everything down. The High Voltage Side is made up of-- The Secondary ,or High Voltage Side of The High Voltage Transformer, A High Voltage Diode, A High Voltage Capacitor, and The Magnetron. If The High Voltage Transformer is the problem it will smell like a florescent light ballast burning, and will smell each time you turn on the MW. A HV Diode burns and opens, thus no more smell. A HV Capacitor usually does not burn nor does the Magnetron. There is no Cheap-Fix unless you can see that the HV Diode is burned into and you can get to it to replace. CAUTION: Always unplug from power before attempting to repair. NOTE: If you replace a Diode make sure it goes back in the same direction it came out. Yes there is a front and back.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
SOURCE: Burning smell from microwave
This is the waveguide cover / stirrer cover.
Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover.
It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!
The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.
If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.
Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.
If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced. It provides important protection for the magnetron.
Please reply back with your brand and model number so we can help you in obtaining parts.
Otherwise, you can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.
We're happy to help you and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jul 21, 2008
SOURCE: MICROWAVE IS NOT HEATING
HI, the actual device that produces the heat is damaged or faulty. this device is called the Magnetron. you will need to replace this part in order to restore the heating ability of this microwave oven.
Please rate and have a great day:)
Posted on May 29, 2009
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 31, 2017 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 25, 2011 | Sharp KB-6024MS Stainless Steel 1000 Watts...
Jun 17, 2011 | Viking DMOC205SS Microwave Oven
Apr 06, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens
Apr 05, 2011 | Amana ACM1580AS Microwave Oven
Mar 17, 2011 | Emerson MW8626W Microwave Oven
Jan 09, 2011 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Jul 27, 2008 | Jenn-Air JMV8208AAS Microwave Oven
Nov 03, 2007 | Microwave Ovens
326 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!