Question about Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Firstly try and remove and clean the water filter. Then manually descale the machine as good as possible.
Here is the descaling procedure from krups:
• Before descaling, remove the filter holder (k).
• You may use either the Krups descaling solution diluted in 8 ounces of water or 8 ounces of
• Pour the solution or vinegar into water reservoir (b) and start the coffee machine (without
• Allow half the liquid to run into the carafe, then switch off and let stand for 1 hour.
• Restart the coffee machine to complete the cycle.
• Rinse the coffee machine by running it through 2 full cylces with water only.
• On the timer models if the display continues to read “CALC“ repeat the process again.
I understand you cant activate the machine at the moment to descale but if you use the white vinegar solution it may free somthing up in the water resivour. The problem sounds like a stuck water level sensor, if you can see if you can locate and free up this sensor.
Hope this info helps.
Posted on May 25, 2009
CLICK HERE for your Manual
if the "gibberish looks like this...
the water sensor has failed.
It thinks there is no water in the reservoir.
Have you de-scaled the unit lately? the sensor may just be scaled up.
Thanks for using FixYa
Posted on May 25, 2009
2 Series of Three beeps tells you that the coffee is ready. However, if it beeps on regular basis then you'll need to reprogram your timer. And, if reprogramming doesn't help the probably a fault in microcontroller control board of the coffee maker.
Also see this link for the manual to see how to reprogram the coffee maker--
Krups Coffee Maker
Please do accept this solution and revert for further assistance.
Posted on May 22, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 25, 2017 | Krups Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Mar 21, 2016 | Krups KM730D Breakfast Set Coffee Maker...
Jan 28, 2016 | Krups XP2280 Combi Espresso & Coffee...
Feb 16, 2012 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Dec 03, 2009 | Krups Small Appliances Espresso Machine
Aug 08, 2009 | Krups FME2 Coffee Maker
Mar 05, 2009 | GE 106591 Coffee Maker
Mar 05, 2009 | Krups Aroma Control 229 Coffee Maker
383 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!