The description said it was an underwater camera but once i took it underwater it turned off and will not turn on.
Welcome to FixYa.
Before using the camera in under water, you have to secure that battery cover,card slot cover snd DC IN terminal cover are completely closed to prvent water from getting inside the camera and damaging it. Please note that the camera accessories are not waterproof.
Yes, Sanyo VPC-WH1 High Definition Camcorder is a waterproof camcorder, however you can not used it in all types of water. Below are the Cautions concerning use in water.
* The waterproof properties of the camera apply to fresh water and saltwater only. They do not apply to cleaning substances, chemicals or water from spas.
* Do not immerse in water at a depth greater that 3.0m (9.84ft)
* Do not subject the camera to high-pressure water.
* Do not immerse in water for longer than 60 minutes.
After 60 min. of use in water, allow it to dry for at least 10 min.
* Do not immerse in water that is warmer than 40 degree C.
* Do not open and close the battery cover, card slot cover or DC IN terminal cover with wet hands.
* Do not open and close the battery cover, card slot cover or DC IN terminal cover on the beach or at the poolside.
* Do not jolt the camera while it is immersed in water. doing so may cause the battery cover, card slot cover or DC IN terminal cover to open.
And one more thing that you have to do is to chaged/replaced the waterproof seals every year with new ones. For replacing the seals, please consult your dealer and take note that there is a fee for replacing the waterproof seals.
I hope this information will give you an idea on how to use your camera under water.
Feel free to send us your comments and suggestions.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Apr 06, 2011 |
Sanyo VPC-WH1 High Definition Camcorder