Question about Vivitar Cameras
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
OK Tested solution. pay attention please.
1. At this website you may download the Vivitar V15 Manual. http://www.retrevo.com/pdf/23576bh245/2/Introduction#q=Vivitar+V15
2. Notice device driver program PhoTags Express has "Sakar" in upper right corner. Sakar makes "inexpensive" cameras. I chose a camera most similar to V15 and download its Driver here.
3. Driver install occurs normally with a restart of computer. V15 stil not recognized YET so next.
4.Get to Device Manager = press "Windows" keypad button" & "Pause" keypad button at same time. At system properties Press HARDWARE tab and the DEVICE Manager.
5. Double click camera device (may have yellow ? )
6.click DRIVER tab
7. click UPDATE Driver
8.choose NO, NOT At This Time, click NEXT
9.choose INSTALL from specific location
10. click Don't Search, I WILL CHOOSE Driver to Install
11.choose "Imaging Device"
12. choose DUAL MODE CAMERA (make certain check box has check)
13.Driver for V15 Dual Mode Camera INSTALLS.
14. Click FINISH
15. may have to restart.
16. CAmera should now show in My Computer as Dual Mode Camera
Posted on Mar 10, 2010
Most likely, yes. Try to use a USB card reader. Take the card off the camera, put it in the reader and connect it to the computer. If there is no sign of files, download PC Inspector File Recovery, install it and run it. You can get it from here: http://download.cnet.com/PC-Inspector-File-Recovery/3000-2248_4-10118663.html
Good luck in saving your pics.
Posted on Apr 12, 2010
I wish you people that have no clue would refrain from answering questions. After several failed recommendation from tech support - I finally pieced together a working combo. You need both a camera driver and their software to get to your pictures. Go to www.Sakar.com and then pull up the catalogue of digital cameras. Load the driver for model 25290. Then go to http://downloads.sakarhelp.com/camerafrontend/Photags_Express.zip and load the software. Install everything first - then plug in your camera. Of course this info is too late for anybody who did not just buy the camera - because once the batteries go dead or you change them - your pictures are gone - what a stupid concept. Remember kindly...
Posted on Jul 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 29, 2011 | Vivitar ViviCam V15 Digital Camera
May 03, 2011 | Vivitar ViviCam V15 Digital Camera
Jan 12, 2011 | Vivitar ViviCam V15 Digital Camera
Dec 30, 2010 | Vivitar ViviCam V15 Digital Camera
Oct 31, 2010 | Vivitar ViviCam V15 Digital Camera
Oct 04, 2010 | Vivitar ViviCam V15 Digital Camera
Jul 20, 2010 | Vivitar ViviCam V15 Digital Camera
Dec 26, 2009 | Vivitar ViviCam V15 Digital Camera
Oct 18, 2009 | Cameras
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!