Question about Ricoh Aficio SP C410DN Laser Printer
On the config page the value for vertical registration is -2.1*. The asterisk indicates this is not a default value. My thinking is if the system was set on default, the vert reg would be correct and the paper would move through the path without jamming.
What do you think?
It's obviously not a brand new printer if the default has been changed, and if you're able to check that, then why not just try it?
No, that wouldn't cause jamming, because changing the registration is simply changing the timing of the machine to move the image up or down the page, so regardless of the setting, it will still jam at the same spot. (I assume at the registration roller).
Is the paper setting set for the correct size and orientation of the paper you are actually using? That's what it sounds like to me. Otherwise, check paper switches.
Posted on Jun 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 01, 2014 | Dell 3010cn Laser Printer
When you first enter the printer menus from the operator panel, you may notice an asterisk (*)
next to a value in the menus. This asterisk indicates the factory default setting. These settings
are the original printer settings. (Factory defaults may vary for different countries.)
When you select a new setting from the operator panel, the Saved message appears. When
the Saved message disappears, an asterisk appears next to the setting to identify it as the
current user default setting. These settings are active until new ones are stored or the factory
defaults are restored.
To restore the original printer factory default settings:
1 Make sure the printer is on and the Ready message appears.
2 Press Menu until you see Utilities Menu, and then press Select.
3 Press Menu until you see Factory Defaults, and then press Select.
4 Restore appears on the second line of the display.
5 Press Select.
The message Restoring Factory Defaults appears followed by the Ready
When you select Restore:
• No other button actions are available on the operator panel while Restoring
Factory Defaults appears.....
May 01, 2014 | Lexmark X658DE All-In-One Laser Printer
Please print printer settings configuration page. The page will explain the printer menus and change values. Menus are represented by Continue, Ready/Data, Toner Low and Load/Remove Paper light sequences. Menu Items and their values are indicated by Paper Jam and Error Light sequences
Here are the instructions to do that:
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Open the front access cover
3. Press and hold the red Stop button while powering up the printer.
4. The lights should cycle, release it when the light stops cycling.
5. Close the cover once the ! light displays
6. The lights should cycle again.
7. Then press the Continue button.
8. This should print a Printer Diagnostics page.
9. On the Printer diagnostic page, Use the Utilities menu to troubleshoot printer problems
- Return the printer settings to factory default values.
- Sometimes resetting the printer to the original settings solves formatting problems.
- All menu items are reset to the factory default values except:
- All settings in the Parallel menu, Network menu, and USB menu.
- All downloaded resources (fonts, macros, and symbol sets) in printer memory (RAM) are deleted.
- Resources in flash memory are unaffected.
10. Please locate the value that would say "Factory Defaults".
11. We would need to follow the exact light sequence that you see for the "Factory Defaults".
12. Press and release the Cancel button to advance through the menus and the menu items to the one we would need.
13. Press and hold the Continue button until all the lights cycle to save the function/value.
14. Restart the printer.
Jun 16, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Jan 04, 2011 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer
Apr 26, 2010 | Printronix Line Matrix P5005B Printer
Sep 24, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4600dn Color Printer
Jun 04, 2009 | Printronix Line Matrix P5005B Printer
May 20, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8560N Laser Printer
Dec 30, 2008 | IBM Infoprint 1532 Laser Printer
Oct 08, 2008 | HP LaserJet 2430dtn Printer
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: