It could possibly be a slow internet connection speed. Netflix posted requirements. This is a good site to check your speed. http://www.speedtest.net/
Internet Connection Speed Recommendations
Below are the Internet download speed recommendations per stream for playing movies and TV shows through Netflix.
HD Video Quality
- 0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
- 1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
- 3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for SD quality
- 5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
- 25 Megabits per second - Recommended for Ultra HD quality
Movies and TV shows we have available in high definition will play in 720p or better with a fast enough internet connection. To watch Netflix in HD, ensure you have a HD plan
, then set your video quality setting to High
in the Playback Settings
for your account.
Netflix Bandwidth Usage
Higher quality video uses more bandwidth than lower-quality video. If your service provider applies a bandwidth or data cap to your Internet service, you canManage Bandwidth Usage
by changing the video quality settings to Low
to consume less data.