a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Short answer its a ..... to fix. Theres multiple lasers in the disc drive that actually read the disc. The blue laser failed. Replacing the drive wont work unless you can reprogram the eeprom chip (or is it nand?) At any rate its just better to upgrade to a new console.
I had a similar problem. My PS3 did not start the disk based games.
Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu.
I did not
have problems with the normal movie DVDs or movie Blu Rays. Those were
working fine. Also downloaded games were working ok.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3. 2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again. 3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps 4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button. 5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button 6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be
visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted
uh tis happened t me too i dont know why but my brother is all pissed at me and my stupid sis.dang all we did was turn off he ps3 and then ihe games didnt work. im going to call sony like now. if i find the problem i will tell u, k bye!