Question about Exercise & Fitness
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
OK I couldn't find the owners manual for the original posters unit however I did write to the manufacturer so I will keep you updated on that. So basic pedometer trouble shooting. If you replaced the batteries you have to reset all your settings including your stride length. make sure the unit is not hanging off where you click it as irregualr movements will mess up the accuracy. also ensure the unit is upright at all times. Also make sure you are not shuffling or wearing sandals as that will mess up the stride count as well Here is the manual for the HJ-112 model http://www.omronhealthcare.com/img/shop/hj-112---2005-112inst-rev-d.pdfll.
Posted on Apr 24, 2009
SOURCE: set up and use a
Here's the (general) Manual for New Balance Pedometers (Click Here to download).
You can find all the answers and tips related to any New Balance Pedometers here (Click Here), open the link and search with the keywords, eg. "How to user Slim Pedometer" all the instructions, tips, etc.. related to the search will be displayed, if you could find a specific keywords related to your model, you'll also be able to get the exact manual (tips) for that particular model (for that specific model).
Here's the general instructions on how to reset a New Balance Pedometer:
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Nov 14, 2010
The unit may not count steps correctly in the following conditions:
1. The memory is displayed or the unit is being set.
2. The unit is not positioned correctly.
• When the front of the main unit is placed in the angle of less than 60° or horizontal to the ground.
NOTE: The unit can count steps even if it is slanted or placed upside-down, or if the main unit is
perpendicular to the ground.
3. The unit moves irregularly.
• When the main unit is placed in the bag and the bag moves irregularly because it hits your foot, your belt or the top of your pants.
• When the unit hangs from your belt, the top of your pants or a bag.
4. Walking at an inconsistent pace.
• When you shuffle or wear sandals
• When you fail to walk consistently in a crowded place
5. Up and down movement.
• Standing up and/or sitting down movement
• Playing sports other than walking
• Ascending or descending movement at stairs or in a steep slope
6. Vibrations from a moving vehicle
• Such as riding a bicycle, automobile, train or bus.
7. Jog or walk extremely slowly.
NOTE: The unit will count steps during jogging if it is attached to your belt or the top of your pants with a holder.
To change the time, weight, or stride length after the setting is completed:
1. Press and hold the SET Button for 2 seconds.
2. Change the setting.
NOTE: If the setting does not need to be changed, press the set button to advance to the next setting.
The first time you use this device, the first few steps are used as a test. This may be why your data was reset, but it sounds more like a device problem.
If all else fails, you may have a faulty Pedometer. If that's the case, contact Omron Customer Service: 1 (800) 634-4350
Posted on Mar 18, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 14, 2015 | Exercise & Fitness
Oct 06, 2014 | Exercise & Fitness
Sep 11, 2013 | Tag Master Pedometer with Light
Nov 24, 2012 | New Balance Exercise & Fitness
May 20, 2012 | New Balance Balance Via Active Pedometer
Oct 06, 2010 | VIA Balance 50003 Via Step Pedometer...
Sep 06, 2010 | Health & Beauty
May 21, 2010 | New Balance Via Step Komen Pedometer
Mar 16, 2010 | Acumen Exercise & Fitness
Dec 01, 2008 | Gaiam Walking Fit Kit Pedometer...
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!