If all the the computers connected to this printer via network:
- Shut them all down except for one.
- Go to that computer and go to your printer and fax settings
- Identify the Hp OfficeJet 4515 and right click on the icon and select properties
- On the General Tab, click on the button that says, "Printing Preferences"
- Select the "Features" tab and go down to Color Options and check to see that the radial button is green for Print in Color option
- Underneath that, there is another setting thatsays, "Color Management".
- Check to see that it is already selected with, "ColorSmart/sRGB or Adobe/rgb
- Click Ok and return to the Properties
- Go to Color Management Tab and check to see that it is set to Automatic.
- Underneath that, you'll see "Color Profiles currently associated with this printer.
- Look to see that the field is populated, if not click on ADD, and select each color profile that is available
- Click apply, then OK
- Shutdown Computer
Turn the printer off, unplug the power from it, wait a couple of minutes, then plug power back to printer, then power it up.
- Restart the computer you were working with
- Go to printers and fax options window
- Select the HP OfficeJet 4515
- Right click, select properties
- On General tab, click on, Print Test Page
- Go to printer to see if printing test page
- Check to if the Microsoft Windows logo was printed in color
If it is in color, then print the color document you were previously attempting in color.
If it does not print in color, you will have to check your settings on the program that is being used for the document.