Question about Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
IE 8 and Vista, my computer hangs when I open Explorer. It does not do this all the time but 75%. the other 25% I may be able to be online for 1/2 hour or 2 viewings and by the 3rd site it is hung. I have to 'close program', in order to get my computer working again. What would cause this and how can I fix it.
Hi, more than likely you have a Adware/Spyware problem. Or even a virus to boot. I would suggest doing a virus scan while your PC is in safe mode. (Be sure to update your antivirus in regular windows mode) then reboot to safe mode and run virus scan. I also suggest a nifty utility called Malwarebytes & Spybot Search and Destroy. Install those FREE Utilities and update and scan your PC with them.
You can download the free utilities from the links below:
And if you need a decent Antivirus...AVG is good.
Scan you C and post back your results. And please rate my solution.
Posted on May 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 27, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 03, 2011 | Internet Allume Systems Cleanup 4.0 Full...
Oct 10, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jul 08, 2010 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Jun 27, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Apr 29, 2010 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Sep 22, 2009 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Apr 27, 2009 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Dec 31, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv7-1130us laptop
Jul 24, 2014 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Jul 07, 2014 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
260 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: