Question about Washing Machines
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: ICE CUBE MAKER SMELLY ICE CUBES
YOU SAID, YOU HAVE KENMORE ELITE BOTTOM FREEZER WITH ICE MAKER THE ICE CUBES SMELL HORRIBLE ALWAYS, I EVEN TOSS THEM OUT EVERY FEW DAYS, STILL SAME PROBLEM
Ice has bad odor and taste.
1• Ice has picked up odor or
flavor from strong food stored
in refrigerator or freezer.
2• Water running to ice maker
has poor taste or odor.
3• Ice not used frequently enough.
4• Cover foods tightly. Discard stale ice. Ice maker will
produce fresh supply.
5• Add filter to water supply line. Consult a water purifying
7• Discard stale ice.
Please remember to leave a rating!
Posted on Oct 12, 2008
Water dispensing solenoid is bad. You need to replace the solenoid valve. This typically is independent of the ice maker.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Pull out the whole ice machine part. At the back of the fridge you will see a small rectangle hole with a white plastic part inside the whole. Loosen the pastic part by applying a little pressure with your fingers it should move, it's probably just sticking.
Posted on Jun 19, 2009
I have a GE TFX25ppbaaa refrigerator. The ice maker corkscrew motor would run and provide crushed ice only. The corkscrew motor would not run when the switch was moved to the cubed ice ( half moon) setting.
I replaced the large Light/ water/ crushed ice/cubed ice switch , ( product service number GEH WR55X129 ) ( part number GE 162D6372 PO17 )and it fixed the problem. Cost was about $43.00.
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
You have a solenoid switch which switches the dispenser back
and forth from crushed to cube. It could be stuck or not working or the parts
connecting it could be disconnected or broken. You will have to observe to see
if any parts are moving and if any noise is coming from the solenoid.
With your model number I can find a diagram which may help.
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2015 | Whirlpool Gold Series GI15NDXT 15"...
Dec 09, 2013 | Refrigerators
Mar 15, 2013 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Ice bin must be locked in place for proper ice dispensing. If necessary, turn auger driver behind ice bin counterclockwise to properly align ice bin with auger driver.
• Press the switch ON to activate ice maker. Slide bin into guide rails located on either side of the enclosure. Push the ice bin in until resistance is felt. Raise the front slightly and push the ice bin completely in. An audible "click" is heard when the ice bin is located correctly.
• After freezer section reaches between 0° to 2° F (-18° to -17° C), ice maker fills with water and begins operating. You will have a complete harvest of ice
approximately every hour.
• Allow approximately 3 to 6 hours after installation to receive first harvest of ice.
• Discard ice created within the first 12 hours of operation to verify system is flushed of impurities.
• Stop ice production by pressing the ON/OFF switch located on the front of the ice maker.
• The first one or two batches will probably contain undersized and irregular cubes because of air in the supply line.
• When the ice cubes are ejected it is normal for several cubes to be joined together at the ends. They can easily be broken apart. The ice maker will
continue to make ice until the supply of ice cubes raises the ice maker arm, shutting the ice maker off.
• Certain sounds may accompany the various cycles of the ice maker. The motor may have a slight hum, the cubes will rattle as they fall into an empty storage bin and the water valve may click or "buzz" occasionally.
Jun 01, 2011 | Maytag MFI2568AES Stainless Steel Bottom...
Sep 11, 2009 | Refrigerators
Aug 25, 2009 | Refrigerators
May 06, 2009 | Kenmore 21.7 cu. ft. Top Freezer...
Apr 27, 2009 | GE Monogram ZDI15C Automatic Icemaker
Jun 16, 2008 | Frigidaire FRS26R4A Side by Side...
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!