Motor error on lexmark printer c540
Motor error comes up when motor of the printer fails to turn or run. Here's what you can do:
Run motor detect (NOTE: You may need to run motor detect procedure two or three times to be successful.). To run motor detect, you need to go to the Diagnostic Menu.
1. Turn the printer off.
2. Press and hold Left and Select.
3. Turn the printer on.
4. Release the buttons when the installed memory and processor speed displays. Scroll down to Miscellaneous Tests. Press the select button
This test initiates an automatic motor detection process that should be performed whenever the controller board
To run Motor Detect:
1. Remove the imaging unit and the waste toner bottle.
2. Reinstall the right cover assembly.
3. Close the front cover.
4. Enter Diagnostics menu (Turn the printer off, press and hold Left ( ) and Select ( ), turn the printer on,
and release the buttons when the installed memory and processor speed displays.
5. Select MISC TESTS in the Diag Menu, and press Select ( ).
6. Select Motor Detect, and press Select ( ).
If you press Select before closing the front cover, a message appears: Close Cover. Press Select.
Motor Detection In Progress… appears.
The motor detection process takes about 10 seconds, and stops automatically.
Detect Complete. Rebooting… appears, and the printer performs a POR (Power On Reset).
If the motor ran, the test was passed. If the motor did not run, the test failed.
If problems persists, the printer might need to be serviced or exchanged depending on the warranty/entitlement.
Apr 14, 2010 |
Lexmark C540N PROD SPECS TBD Printer