Question about Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Start button not working with cooking or timer, display okay flashing exclamation mark
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Microwave stopped working
There is a internal locking mechanisim that has 2 or more switches that is usually attached with two or more screws next to the door latch side. Crack open the micro and adjust this by shutting the door then pushing this assy toward the latches untill all the switches look like they are being pushed in fully. If this doesn't solve the problem one of the switches or possibly more are defective. Call a local appliance repair center and get a switch there called micro switches.
Posted on Sep 15, 2007
The problem you are having with your microwave is a common one. Not heating is a problem that can be caused by three things. I'll list the most common solution first, the magnetron that actually does the heating is what is making that noise and has gone bad. It is possible for you to also have a bad high voltage diode that has opened up, solution two, or solution three is the high voltage capacitor is not working properly as well. From my experience with microwaves I am positive that it is your magnetron that is bad. If you are not do it yourselfer you'll need to take it to a repair shop to replace. However, if you know how to use a screwdriver and can unplug a couple of wires with spade terminals on them, then you can take it off yourself, find another one and replace it the same way you took it off. The magnetron sits behind the control panel of your microwave but on top. It has cooling fins on it and has 2 terminals maybe three depending and make and model that plug into it. It has 4 screws that are easy to get to that actually holds it in place. If you do not have a good local source like an electronic parts supply place then you can find the right magnetron at www.mwoparts.com. Be sure you always unplug the microwave before touching or trying to take the he cover off and then when you take the magnetron off also.Good luck and God bless.
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
Sorry this is something you wont fix at home I couldent even do this one.This is a nice unit depending on the cost this one I think is worth the repair bill , Good luck DFD please rate me TK U
Posted on Apr 13, 2009
This is a problem associated with the magnetron. Either the power supply (transformer, diode, capacitor) or the magnetron itself. UNPLUG, remove cover, check for burn marks, a blown fuse, and test all components. Likely you have a bad magnetron (test for low resistance lead to lead, infinite either lead to ground). I found a new magnetron, removed from freight damaged oven, online for about $40. Mine is a built in which would cost $300+ to replace, so it was worth fixing. I hope this helps you.
Posted on Nov 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 11, 2010 | Panasonic NN-S754WF 1250 Watts Microwave...
Jun 19, 2009 | Panasonic NN-T993SF Microwave Oven
Apr 26, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 29, 2007 | Panasonic NN-S962 Microwave Oven
Nov 21, 2007 | Panasonic NN-T964SF Microwave Oven
Oct 05, 2007 | Panasonic NN-S251 Microwave Oven
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: