I accidentally reformatted my second hardrive. Now it is no longer visibile on my computer. I have not allowed anyhting new to be wrote to the drive. I assume that only the directory is deleted. Please help!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try it on another computer if that dosent work you should reformat your computer but first backup all your data by putting your another internal hardrive on your computer and move all your files you need to the empty hardrive and after that take the hardrive with all your stuff in it off the computer and then reformat the hardrive which the external hardrive does not work on and install a new operating system then put the other hardrive with all your stuff back on your computer and transfer your stuff into the hardrive with a operating system then try the external hardrive
OR you can burn all your stuff into a CD or a DVD OR you can put all your stuff into FlashDrives and then after you reformat the hardrive with an operating system put your stuff back into the computer and after that the external hardrive should work
you need to replace a new battery for easily drain of power. you might be a reformat your hardisk to back it normal. theres a lot of cause problem. maybe your hardrive had bad sector, corrupted operating systems, virus infected and sometimes internal hardware
Go to the Mymusix website and download the player update utility(located here:http://mymusix.mmvoice.com/products/audio/PD-6070/software.html ) install it, then use these instructionshttp://mymusix.mmvoice.com/products/audio/PD-6070/PD6070Vistaonlyfaq.html Starting at step 9.
I never got it to actually complete the update process, but it did format it, which solved the problem.
setup the first drive as slave ( sometimes No Jumper ) then the furthest away drive as Master.
If this fails, and you have 2 IDE Slots on the motherboard. ( Primary/Secondary ) Put 1 drive on primary as Slave. And DVD Rom As Master ( same Cable ) Then put second drive On Secondary IDE Slot. ( Set As Master Or Slave )
If none of these solutions Work For you, check to see if Both Channels are activated in the Bios.
As I understand your problem,
1. The error could be caused by: memory, video, hardrive or drivers;
2. Windows by asking you to run CHKDSK /F has detected a possible problem with your harddrive;
3. It is possible that the reason you cannot go to DOS mode is because your harddrive is formatted in NTFS and not FAT332.
There are a couple of ways on how to go about this but all would require that you have access to second PC:
1. Run a third party software (BartPE) that you will have to boot from your CD Drive or USB and run a disk checking utility;
2. Remove your hardrive and install it as a secondary master in the 2nd PC and run chkdsk or scandisk;
3. Remove your hardrive and install it in an external HD enclosure and connect using USB to the 2nd PC and run chkdsk or scandisk;
4. Remove your hardrive and install it either USB or as secondary master to the 2nd PC. Copy all your important files to the 2nd PC, and repartition/reformat. Reinstall to the eMachine and reinstall Windows.
There is a possibility that even if you were able to run CHKDSK or Scandisk eventually your best bet would still be #4. If you have gained access to the inside of your eMachine PC, it would also be a good idea to remove/reinsert any cards and the memory stick(s). A little housekeeping would also be nice.
I hope that this be of some help and pls post again how things turn up or if you need further information. Goodluck and kind regards.