Question about Philips DVD625 DVD Player
The above codes do not work on the DVP3688 but the one for the DVP3600 works on the 88 model, I just did it this morning.
1) Go to settings
2) scroll down to preferences and make sure one of the option is highlighted in that menu (any options will do)
3) then press the keys "next, previous, next, previous" on the remote, they are the little arrow keys you normally use to skip a scene while a DVD is playing.
4) after pressing that key sequence, your current region is displayed, use the arrows on the grey circle key to find region 0 and press OK
voila, DVP3688 is now region free.
Posted on Jul 15, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Region code hack for PHILIPS 3256 x/94
1. Go to Setup. [from remote]
2. Select the Preference Page.
3. Press 1, 3, 8, 9, 3, 1 on the Philips DVD Player remote.
--> It will show current region code [ for example 5 ]
4. Now Press the up/down key to select "0" which makes it region free.
5. Press ok and exit setup.
Probably the same would be applicable for 3258, 3268, 3986.
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
SOURCE: Free code for Philips DVP 5980K
1. Press Setup in the remote control
2. Go to Preferences and press OK in the remote control
3. Press the next sequence of numbers "1-3-8-9-3-1" in the remote control
4. Use up and down arrows to change the region
PS: if the sequence doesn't works, do it a little more quickly
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
Philips DVP 5990
How To Make Region Free:
select the Preference Tab
Press 1 3 8 9 3 1
Press up/down key to select "0"
and press Setup to exit.
If you can't get into Preferences Tab, you may need to press the stop button twice first, then press setup.
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
WITH THE TRAY OPEN (I don't know
if that is necessary, but just what I did) PUNCH IN 9, 8, 7, 9 FOLLOWED
BY THE DESIRED REGION CODE ("0" FOR ALL REGIONS).
Posted on Dec 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
on Mar 07, 2010 | Televison & Video
May 05, 2010 | Sony DVP-SR200P DVD Player
Oct 09, 2009 | Sony DVP-SR200P DVD Player
Jan 07, 2008 | Sony DVP-NS50P DVD Player
627 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: