Question about Computers & Internet
Go to HP.com type in model # to find drivers for your compaq HP and Compaq are together now
Posted on Jan 02, 2014
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Looks like somebody got ahead of me on the solution lol.That option was in my mind,was determining the operating system first...guess i could have saved time and just put it all in one response...sorry bout that...hope your problem is fixed with that ..if not..feel free to get back to me as i have another solution that should help:)
Posted on Apr 14, 2010
Issue might be due to corrupt drivers or drive itself. Please perform the following troubleshooting steps if you have vista or Windows 7:
* Remove the registry entry
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
* Replace the existing CD/DVD drive driver:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. If Control Panel is in Category view, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
If Control Panel is in Classic view, double-click System.
3. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager in the left pane. If a dialog box appears that describes permissions, click Continue.
4. Click the drive with the question mark next to it.
5. On the Action menu, click Uninstall. When you are prompted to confirm the removal, click OK.
6. Repeat steps 4 through 5 for any other drives with question marks.
7. On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.
Posted on May 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2011 | LG (GCC-4521BI) CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo)...
Feb 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 05, 2011 | LG (GCC-H23NB) CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Apr 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 16, 2009 | LG GCC 4320B CD-RW/DVD-ROM Burner
Aug 02, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Mar 23, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Dec 28, 2008 | PC Chips M963GV (V3.3A) Motherboard
Feb 25, 2018 | Facebook Computers & Internet
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!