Question about Brother MFC-290C Printer
WAT SHOUL I DO PLS TO GUIDE ME WITH THIS PRIONTER
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
...because you have run the cleaning cycles too much, the waist inktank is fed up! needs replacing. contact brother hotline or try to get one from a service partner which can be found on the brother homepage of your country.
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
This is for the mfc5440 but should work I would really need the cleaning absorber pad replaced but takes a bit of getting to. - Machine off - Switch on the machine while holding down the ?menu?button until all the leds are flashing on/off. Now you are in ?maintenance? mode. - press 80 - press the ?mono start? button several times until you see ?purge: xxxx? - press ?2783? in order to reset the purge counter. You will see: ?purge:0000? - press the "stop" button. - press ?99? to exit the maintenance mode.
Posted on Jun 12, 2009
SOURCE: unable to clean 46
Unable to Clean or Machine Error 46 means your purge counter is already full. Please refer below for the instructions on troubleshooting your machine.
1. To enter MAINTENANCE Mode: Press MENU, MONO START, 4X on ARROW UP. (within 2 seconds).
2. Using arrow up button look for the following:
a. 8 then press SET or OK
b. 0 then press SET or OK
3. Using MONO START, just press it until the word "PURGE XXXXX" comes out.
4. Using arrow up button look for the following:
a. 2 then press SET or OK
b. 7 then press SET or OK
a. 8 then press SET or OK
b. 3 then press SET or OK
This is to reset the purge counter. Then press stop
5. Using arrow up button look for the following:
a. 0 then press SET or OK
b. 1 then press SET or OK (To reset unit)
a. 9 then press SET or OK
b. 9 then press SET or OK (To exit Maintenance mode)
Posted on Jan 21, 2010
Hi there. . . okay . . . Follow this step
1.) Unplug your printer.
2.) Plug your printer again while holding the menu button 15 sec.
3.) select 8 by using the arrow buttons ,push OK and select 0 and push OK
4.) then numbers appear looks like this ###:### ###:###.
5.) now push the MONO button until the purge:#### appears on the LCD
6.) Select 2, push ok, select 7,push ok,select 8,push ok, select 3,push ok
7.) - switch off the printer ,switch it on
- ready to print
email me if I help you. . email@example.com
Posted on Mar 26, 2010
the proper reset code sequence to reset DCP printers without numeric keypad should be as follows:
1. press buttons OK, Menu, Mono Start one by one, followed by up arrow key four times. this should all be done as short a time as possible, around 3 seconds.
2. enter maintenance mode 80 by pressing the up/down arrow key and set key to select numbers 8 and 0
3. press blue MONO start button to select PURGE which requires it to be pressed a number of times before PURGE appears on the LCD screen of the printer
4. then use the up'down key and OK button to enter the reset code 2, 7, 8 and 3 keys to reset the counter : Note this does not overwrite the number next to PURGE on the LCD screen but once the last number is added it gets reset to 0000
5. press Stop/Exit key to go to root of maintenance mode
6. enter 9,9 to exit maintenance mode
Posted on Jan 23, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2014 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Feb 23, 2013 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-3360c...
Dec 01, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
May 16, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Mar 20, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Aug 09, 2009 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 12, 2009 | Brother DCP 130C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 09, 2008 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 27, 2008 | Brother DCP 130C All-In-One InkJet Printer
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!