Question about Cell Phones
Brought phones for elderly parents as it has an emergency button on it. The phones are unlocked but wont accept the virgin sim card
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i bought my phone throught e-bay too i got optus sim card ask me about secuirty code (sos) i just put 4 zero ( 0000) the phone accepted and un locked try that
Posted on Apr 24, 2008
no problem.. jus remove your sim card and reinsert it. .sometime it may happen like this..
Posted on Sep 06, 2008
SOURCE: samsung e-250 i need unlock code
Please follow the instructions carefully! Following are the 12-point instructions to unlock your Samsung E250 phone:
1. First do a CUSTOM RESET by tying in:
(Phone may display foreign language – don't worry! The last digits after the * will appear as - - - -; this is normal)
2. Turn off your phone
3. Take the battery and SIM out of the phone
4. Take a wrong network SIM (a SIM the phone does not currently accept) and insert it ONLY HALF way in, so when you turn on the phone it won't detect the SIM. Very important so the phone won't ask for network password and will show "Insert SIM" message.
The process of inserting only half of the SIM. I advice you to take care and do it with a soft approach as you might not have done this before.
5. 2. Now put the battery in carfully behind the protruding SIM card and switch the phone on. The phone must show "Insert SIM" message.
6. 3. Without turning off the phone, now push the SIM card all the way in, at this stage the phone must continue to display the "Insert SIM" message with the WRONG SIM inside.
7. Now make a FULL RESET by typing: *2767*3855#
9. Change the NCK password to 8 zeros by typing: *7465625*638*00000000*00000000#
8. The phone should reboot working with "wrong" SIM inside. (Do not turn off the phone)
10. Disable network lock by typing: #7465625*638*00000000#
12. Check this is done with *#7465625#
If your phone is not unlocked please retry the above ensuring all steps are followed to the letter, 9 out of 10 people who have problems have made a simple error and find that when they repeat all the steps it works.
Posted on Oct 30, 2008
first of all 100% check thast the phone is unlocked. If your for instence putting in an O2 sim card into the phone when it's locked onto orange then it wont let you use the phone. When you say it read only emergancy calls is this becasue you have no credit ?? and finally theres a good possibility that either 1. the sim card is faulty in which case just ring up the sim card provider and they should happily give you a new one. 2. tThe sim card reader is broken in the phone in which case your going to need to either send t bak to the place you got it from or ring up the company. hope this helps
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 06, 2014 | Cell Phones
Jul 15, 2014 | HTC Cell Phones
Sep 29, 2012 | Nokia 1208 Cellular Phone
Jul 30, 2012 | Nokia Cell Phones
May 05, 2011 | Cell Phones
Nov 30, 2010 | Sony Ericsson T610
Jul 11, 2010 | Haier Cell Phones
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!