How to Keep the Same Number to Another New TracFone
By Karen Kramer
8 Shares & Saves
- ? Share
- ? Tweet
- ? Share
- ? Email
">girl talking on cell phone image by Tammy Mobley from <a href='http://www.fotolia.com'>Fotolia.com</a>
According to TracFone's website, TracFone's simple "No Contract" service has made it the largest prepaid cell phone service in America and the fourth largest cell phone company in the world. Their convenient, no-fuss service and cheap phones also make it easy to upgrade your cell phone and keep the same phone number without losing your prepaid minutes.
- Open the battery compartment on your new TracFone and install the new battery by lining up the connectors and snapping in place. Replace the battery cover.
- Plug your new phone into a standard wall outlet using the A/C charger cord that came with your new phone. Press the "ON" button or the red phone icon button to turn on your new phone.
- Look at the screen to see if there is a signal icon, insuring you are receiving a signal. You can complete your number transfer online without receiving a signal. However, it will not be reflected on your new phone until you are in an area that receives a signal.
- Turn on your computer and go to www.tracfone.com. Click on the green "Activate" button.
- Click on the "Transfer Number" button under the "Activate/Reactivate" tab. Click on the "Existing TracFone Customer" button. Click on the "Activate my TracFone with a number transferred from another TracFone" option.
- Click on the picture that represents your new TracFone to select that model. Hit the "Enter" key. Click on the picture that represents your old Tracfone to select that model. Hit the "Enter" key.
- Click on the "Menu" button on your new TracFone. Click on the "PrePaid" section of your new TracFone and scroll to the "Serial Number" button. Click on "Serial Number." Type in the new phone serial number in the form on your computer screen. Some Tracfones may call the serial number ESN, IMEI or MEID numbers. Type in a nickname for your new phone.
- Click on the "Menu" button on your old TracFone. Click on the "PrePaid" section of your old TracFone and scroll to the "Serial Number" button. Click on "Serial Number". Type in the old phone serial number in the form on your computer screen. Type in your TracFone number. Click on the "Submit" button.
- Click on the "Menu" button, then the "PrePaid" button and then scroll to "Code Entry Mode" and hit "Select."
- Press the " * " key, then the " # " key and the numbers " 3 " and " 0 ", then press the "OK" button. Your phone screen should display "Parameter 30" and a number. Enter the number you see on your computer in the boxes labeled "Enter the code here" and "Confirm the code."
- Press the "OK" button again on your old TracFone. Enter " *#0." Press the "OK" button. Your phone screen will display "Parameter 00" and then a number. Enter the number on your computer in the boxes labeled "Enter the code here" and "Confirm the code."
- Press "OK" then "BACK" and then the red "END/POWER" button on your old phone to return to main "MENU."
- Click the "YES" button to confirm the number of minutes and days available to transfer to your new TracFone.
- Turn your new TracFone OFF and then ON again. You will have to wait for up to one hour for the minutes to transfer.
Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_7369407_keep-number-another-new-tracfone.html
From Tracfone themselves
Customer Support FAQ TracFoneWireless