Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
I am trying to print from my scanner and the printer continues to print a n old document. how do I cancel the print command for the old doc.?
Try turn the printer off and then back on.
This will clear the last printing operation.
Posted on Jan 01, 2014
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: printer won't print
switch of the printer first remove the usb cable from the printer and uninstall the printer driver nad remove printer from device manager also. to go to the device manager do these steps first right click on my computer and then go to properties and the click on hardware tab and then click on device manager and go to universal serial bus controllers just click on + tab it will expand and it will show the list of connected hardware select usb printing support and right click on and uninstall then restart you system. after coplete boot run the driver software and connect the usb cable when it will prompt you and switch on the printer. it will install your printer
Posted on Sep 22, 2007
This happens periodically, for me restarting the machine has always fixed the issue. If it didn't for you I would suggest removing and reinstalling the printer.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
1. First, try turning printer off and on.
2. Next, on the computer side, this is how you manually clear the printer queue.
1. Go to Start, Control Panel and Administrative Tools. Double click on Services icon.
2. Scroll down to the Print Spooler service and right click on itand select Stop. In order to do this, you need to be logged in asAdministrator. At this point, no one will be able to print anything onany of the printers that are being hosted on this server.
3. Next you need to go to the following directory: C:WINDOWSSystem32spoolPRINTERS.Delete all the files in this folder. This will clear all print queues(it’s a good idea to first make sure there are no other print jobsbeing processed on any of the other printers on the server becausedoing this step will delete those jobs also)
4. Now you can go back to the Services console and right-click and choose Start for the Print Spooler service!
You can also go to a command prompt and type net stop spooler or net start spooler to start and stop the service.
I hope this helps. If you have more questions, let me know.
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
Sounds like the printer spool is frozen.
Assuming you're using WinXP and logged in as an administrator (or with admin permissions)
Locate the "Print Spooler"
Right click on this and choose "restart"
This will restart the print queue and will probably try to print the job again or delete it properly. If it tries to restart, just right click on the printer job and choose cancel again..
You may need to repeat but that should at least get you back up and running with other print jobs again.
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
if you have a print job stuck go in and hit cancel job. If it stays even after a few min right click "my computer" on your desktop and hit "manage" go to "services and applications" click "services" find the print spooler option and right click it and stop the service. Once stoped right click it again and start it. This should clear anything stuck in print queue trying to delete
Posted on Jun 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 01, 2014 | HP LaserJet 4200 Printer
Mar 24, 2011 | Dell 1700 Laser Printer
Jun 09, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 04, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4000 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 19, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 14, 2008 | Dell 926 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 07, 2008 | HP DeskJet 5150 InkJet Printer
Jul 16, 2008 | Epson Printer
Jan 20, 2018 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!