Apple iPhone Battery Saving Guide The Apple iPhone doesn't have the best battery...
Apple iPhone Battery Saving Guide
The Apple iPhone doesn't have the best battery life in the world but if you follow this simple guide it should provide you with a longer battery life.
1. Turn down the brightness: You can reduce the battery consumption by turning down the brightness of the screen. Select Settings, Brightness, and then drag the slider to around the 25 percent mark, or as low as you can stand.
2. Turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off: From the main menu, tap Settings, Wi-Fiand select the "Off" switch. Same goes with Bluetooth; if you're notusing a Bluetooth headset, make sure the Bluetooth radio is deactivated(Settings, General, Bluetooth).
3. Check e-mail less frequently: If you are using Pop Mail then you can save battery by checking it less frequently. Select Settings, Mail, Auto-Check, and pick either the "every 30 minutes" or (better still) "every hour" options.
4. Sync less frequently: If you sync with an Exchange server either turn it to manual or set it only to check periodically
5. Make sure "Auto-Lock" is on: TheiPhone will keep its bright screen burning unless you manually pressthe lock/sleep control. If you haven't already, make sure the iPhone's"Auto-Lock" feature is on: tap Settings, General, Auto-Lock, and then pick a time interval (the shorter the better).
6. Turn off the equalizer: Apple has always suggested turning off the iPhone’s built-in equalizer to conserve battery life. Tap Settings, iPod, Equalizer, then spin the roulette wheel up to Off.
on Dec 23, 2009 | Cell Phones