Question about LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven

Open Question

Plastic on roof of microwave burned a hole in it from the top down, not food

Plastic on inside roof burned from the inside to the outside. What is cause and is it safe to operate?

Posted by on

  • Anita
    Anita Dec 31, 2013

    A service person was here and is only replacing the plastic cover. He didn't know why the hole burnt in the plastic. Its on the roof of the microwave, not the door.

×

Ad

6 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad
MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: Door outer plastic plate slide down an inch from the top

You would probably need a service manual, for which you can contact LG at 1-800-243-0000 or http://us.lgservice.com

Or locate a local servicer:
http://us.lgservice.com/gcsc/b2c/hpi/main

Normally you have to separate the door panels (as shown in the attached photo) and then you'll see the screws you need to remove.
808ace0.jpg

Posted on Nov 22, 2007

Ad
MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: Burnt package of vegetables in my microwave

You will need your full model number from the tag on the unit.

You can order parts from Encompass (formerly Tritronics). Or you can call them toll-free at 866-779-5835.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Mar 06, 2009

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: Light bulb burns hole in the plastic cover

Same issue here. I just bought 4 covers from RepairClinic.com for $5.50 US each. I shipped them to my PO Box in Buffalo for an extra $6 bucks. Part number was 1206433

Hope this helps
John

Posted on May 17, 2010

heatman101
  • 43501 Answers

SOURCE: my microwave roof suddenly started

Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} Hi,
The capacitor went up in smoke..


Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips

heatman101

Posted on Sep 01, 2010

  • 8909 Answers

SOURCE: I covered the plate with

The food is safe as long as the food has not got oxidized aluminium on it.
Microwave energy is very high and will melt metals!
As long as it is not arcing any more there should be no problem.

Posted on Jan 03, 2011

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Top inside microwave is falling down


Microwaves sometimes have a stirrer fan fitted inside the top of the chamber. This is usually hidden from view by a fairly flimsy plastic cover - and yes sometimes they do fall down when age and contamination has done it's work.

The cover has probably lost the small tabs that engage in the brackets to hold it up. The cover is there to prevent food splashes getting onto the fan and to hide it away. You could replace it or remove it altogether if you only place covered food in your microwave.

Apr 01, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Smoke and burning plastic smell in microwave oven


Burning plastic, not food? A component has overheated badly then, with a plastic case. The main suspect would be the high voltage capacitor in the magnetron supply. This is cheap and easily replaced ONLY IF you know what you are doing and can diagnose the fault. If you don't then DO NOT take the case off the unit as fatal voltages can be present inside even if the unit is unplugged.

I'd just buy another, as they are generally uneconomical to have repaired by a service tech.

Dec 31, 2013 | Sharp R-1610 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

A "plastic" square has become


That is a waveguide and the cover.
If you let steam of food particles enter the microwave will soon be no good as it will burn a hole in the aerial assembly.
The cover must be clean and fits as you say with a stainless steel screw.
Hope this helps.

Dec 13, 2010 | Sharp R-7A85 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

On the inside of the door of my microwave front window is an adhesive plastic covering that if you pull it off there is a black mesh screen exposed. is that clear sheet suppose to be removed.


The metal mesh is a filter screen to keep the microwaves in the oven while letting you see the food. The plastic sheet that's peeling off is meant to keep that screen clean. It's not supposed to be removed, since then food can get into the holes in the screen. A buildup of foods can lead to overheating and burn the paint and possibly damage the door. It should be replaced.

The part number is WB36X10068. A Google search turned up several sources. Here's one, but there are others. The new sheet has the adhesive applied, you just peel off the protective film and stick it in place. Clean the door inner surface first so the new sheet will stick firmly.

Good luck with the repair, and thanks for using Fixya!

Oct 17, 2010 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

What is a stirrer cover, the plastic part over the fan inside the top of my Sanyo microwave is burning.


That burning part is referred to as the stirrer cove, unless you have one similar on the bottom.It's like plastic pie plate. The fan stirs the microwaves and heat in simple terms.

Unless food is burning off it , I would be replacing the unit or have a qualified, trained microwave tech service it. You need a microwave leak detector to work on them safely. Given the cost most are disposable these days. Be Safe on this one

Sep 13, 2009 | Whirlpool GT4185SK Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sparks in oven


the burning is normally caused by a small particle of food getting stuck on the waveguide cover, this then carbonises and starts to arc. replacing cover should return oven to normal

Feb 22, 2009 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burned inside of microwave


This is the the stirrer cover, and it provides important protection for the magnetron and must be replaced.

You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 15, 2009 | GE JEM31 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave


A microwave needs all those surfaces to be fully reflective. those scorch marks greatly affect the magnetron. it will soon burn out . reccommend a new microwave.

Feb 17, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

XL1800 Microwave Problem


A LOUD ticking sound could very well be a High Voltage Arc. This is usually caused by a breakdown of insulation on High Voltage Wires, or components. It can also be arcing between the door frame and the cavity. Usually where the bottom of the cavity floor meets the door frame. Indication of this will be small areas on the door where it looks like the paint has been chipped off, but if you look close you will see it is small burned marks. Another area is the Splatter Shield located inside and at the top. It looks like a Plastic Cover. It is not plastic, but a fiber material. Grease, and food will get trapped on and under this Splatter Shield. Over a period of time the grease and food particles will break down from being cooked over and over again. They will then form Carbon. Which will Arc when Microwaves are present. Remove Push-Pins holding Splatter Shield. Clean by washing with dish detergent . If burned (arc) spots are still present after washing, replace Splatter Shield or arcing will continue. Once Carbon has burned through, it will continue to burn.

Jan 21, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Hole in plastic on inside of door


check the conductivity of the plastic with an ohmmeter by placing the probes an inch apart on the plastic surface. If the resistance is large or infinity, the plastic probably performs no role in stopping the microwave radiation. If so, any epoxy probably can be used to close the hole safely. Make sure you don't use too much and if possible place tape over the repair and orient the microwave so the epoxy presses against the tape while drying to prevent it from oozing into any door hinge/close mechanism. Otherwise, a piece of microwave door glass from a broken unit can ge glued over the hole and should stop the radiation. You can check for leakage with test units but be very carefuly anyway.

Nov 30, 2007 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

118 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Greg Cann
Greg Cann

Level 3 Expert

1114 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Are you a LG Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...