Question about Onkyo DV-SP502 DVD Player
I'm an european and have an US dvd,,,need RC-1 codes for my DVD player
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Region code hack posted by Victor Lazlo, July 14 2003:
Steps to change Region code:
1. open setup menu (with setup key)
2. select menu point 'General' (dt. 'Allgemein')
3. select sup-menu point 'Setup-Menu Mode' (dt.Setup-Menü-Modus)
4. at 'Setup-Menu Mode' select 'basic' (dt. Einsteiger)
5. confirm 'Basic' sellection with 'Enter' key
6. now push 'Display' key at your remote control, the present regent code will be displaid
7. to change the region code push 'Condition Memory' key (COND.M) at your remote control, afterwards a number key representing the region code you want to select
8. after a successful change, the disply of ther regional code will disappear
9. if pressing the 'Disply' key again the changed regional code will be shown.
Remark: Macrovision copyguard in gerneral will be switched off after that modification
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
If you mean to play DVD’s that you may have purchased in another country the see below
For that you need to do a Google for "mymodel region free" or "region free hack"
Not all DVD players are capable of this often very simple modification that many manufacturers build into DVD player. (Usually just involves the remote control and a combination of keys)
Your search will turn up a lot of sharks that want money for the hack (fix)
There are a lot of sites where the information is free.
I am STILL (lauren) unsure of FIXYA's policy on this topic and am awaiting further clarification on the issue with regards to handing out these codes as this is not HACKING in the same sense as pirate software etc. it is just enabling an extra feature that the manufacturer provided.
I would prefer not to get my @ss kicked. That is why I can only give you the search terms rather than site links or specific information
Posted on Aug 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 09, 2011 | Onkyo DV-BD507 Blu-ray Disc Player, Black
Jan 31, 2010 | Onkyo DV-SP406S DVD Player
Aug 26, 2009 | Onkyo DV-SP302 DVD Player
Mar 12, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jan 25, 2009 | Onkyo DV-SP500 DVD Player
Aug 23, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jul 18, 2008 | Televison & Video
Mar 25, 2008 | Samsung DVD-V6700 DVD Player/VCR
Jan 14, 2008 | Onkyo DV-CP704 DVD Player
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!