Question about Oster OGB61101 Microwave Oven
Does not work light and timer comes on but turntable and microwave does not come on brand new oven
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
HI. Your symptoms are a strong indication Magnetron failure. This is the principal heating device, that is used to produce microwaves that , essentially, excite the water molecules in the food, thus, producing the heating effect. When this device fails, generally, the unit will run, but not heat. This device is very fragile, and can injure you if you are not qualified to handle this type of component. There is a High Voltage Capacitor, that is used to help provide the necessary current for optimal Magnetron operation. This capacitor must be discharged correctly. If not, you could risk serious injury, during the repair, if it is accidental touched.
The Magnetron is linked to a cut-off fuse. If the magnetron becomes unstable, this fuse will shut the device down. It is standard procedure to have this fuse test for continuity. If the fuse has blown, this will be the culprit. Replace the fuse. Now, if the fuse continues to show continuity, this will confirm that the Magnetron has failed. I would advise to inspect the Capacitor, and HV diode for visible burn marks, or swollen top(Cap).
Access can be ac hived to these parts by removing the outside cabinet screws. Once the screws are removed, the cover can be removed, as well. Once the cover is removed, the internal components will be exposed for testing, and visual inspections.
WARNING: IF YOU ARE NOT A QUALIFIED SERVICE TECH, THIS WILL NOT BE A NOVICE DO IT YOURSELF JOB. MICROWAVES ARE VERY DANGEROUS, AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY. I RECOMMEND TO CALL FOR SERVICE, IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH HANDLING THE CAPACITOR, OR MAGNETRON...
Posted on May 01, 2011
SOURCE: microwave is less than a
HI..there is a heating filament of an oven MAGNETRON..it s responsible of producing heat to the oven..possibly this is defective ..this filament must be replaced by a new one..theres no problem with the motor cos it runs the table power and light button seems working..HOPE THIS HELPS
Posted on Jul 07, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2013 | GE JVM1850 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Jul 06, 2011 | Oster Microwave Ovens
Sep 16, 2010 | Whirlpool MT4110SKB / MT4110SKQ 1100 Watts...
Aug 17, 2010 | Whirlpool GT4175SPS Stainless Steel 1200...
Jul 02, 2010 | Viking DMOS200 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
May 26, 2017 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Dec 31, 2008 | Sunbeam SBM1000 Microwave Oven
Dec 10, 2007 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: