Question about Neff H5470NOGB 900 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Neff 5470 used for 20 min then just cut out

I have a neff 5470 and when I used it for 20 minutes I could smell burning and the micowave just cut out. And now only the turntable works for a few secs.

Has this overheated. What part needs changing.

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Mar 13, 2014

    neff microwave h5640 works and after 20 sec cuts out all settings

×

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

Take it back to where you bought it from and get a new one!

Posted on May 20, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a Neff multifunction and the microwave part is playing up now, sometimes it stops half way through re heating and then I have to wait a minute or so before I am able to restart. Also there is a...


Is it a plastic burning smell? It sounds like the magnetron is overheating. Can you hear the cooling fan running? Is there anything blocking the vents on the unit?

Feb 03, 2015 | Neff Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Electrical burning smell


It is hard to tell what is burning, take it to the repair shop

Mar 12, 2013 | Oster OGG61403 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Ge micowave browing oven (JES1288SH01) want heat up anything everything else work and i smell something burning when turn on


If it is louder than usual, you probably have a shorted high voltage rectifier diode.

If it's not louder than usual, you probably have a defective magnetron or high voltage transformer.

You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number from the tag on the oven here.

Here are some links you or someone you know can use for test help, but read their safety warnings first:

http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/diode.html
(if it's not shorted or burned, it's probably okay)


http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/mag_test.html

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Oct 15, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Oven accidentally operated without any contents and cut out with a smell of burning. Subsequently the oven only runs for approximately 22 seconds before stopping. Any ideas?


It will require a new magnetron and possibly power supply for it. The magnetron will destroy itself if it has nowhere for the energy to go.

Feb 14, 2011 | Neff H5642 Convection / Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My h5470nogb/03 900 watt microwave cuts out after 20 seconds what is the problem please


Possibly the magnetron is not producing power and as the cavity temperature is not rising, it cuts out.
Is there an error code in the display?

Jan 02, 2011 | Neff H5470N0GB Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Oven got hot started smell and tripped out. will restart but only run for 20 seconds


magnetron that makes the microwaves or the power module tha supplies it. Definately a job for the serviceman.

Oct 27, 2010 | Neff H5642 Convection / Microwave Oven

1 Answer

When I turn on the micowave; smell somthing burning


The magnetron (the part that heats the food) may be ready to burn out. If you smell the burning, you should then unplug the microwave, open it up and see if you can determine for sure that it is coming from that part. Unfortunately even if I am right, it is almost more cost effective to just replace the microwave rather than replace that part. You can run this microwave till it dies if you want, but I would be ready with a new one.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Benjamin

Apr 29, 2010 | KitchenAid KCMS145J Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Smell of burning in my daewoo microwave oven. It has never been used before


Daewoo make some cheap microwave ovens. I have one, and it is rubbish. It came fitted in a new caravan, and because it decided to keep cutting out after only a few minutes of use, it was replaced by another that had the same problem. I know it's a cheap oven, but it should work. I wouldn't recommend this to any caravanners, and would recommend a different make.

The smell should go when the Daewoo goes!!

May 03, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Help


Try to unplug the micowave and let it stay unplugged for 10 -15 minutes. Plug it back in after 10-15 mins and see if it resets the error message.

Jan 25, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Neff H5470NOGB 900 Watts Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

242 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Neff Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2318 Answers

Are you a Neff Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...