Question about Craftsman 8.0 amp Reciprocating Saw

1 Answer

Need replacement seal gasket for sears reciprocating saw 172.2677

The gasket has been discontinued by sears, so I can't purchase it from them. I have the saw apart, including removing that horrible rubber boot that has no screws holding it on. Any idea how I can get a replacement gasket? The discontinued part number is SB21.0.16-00.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 864 Answers

Check for Sears parts online or see if Black & Decker has a similar part.

Posted on May 20, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a craftsman scroll saw 315.172110 and need a replacement cord - sears has discontinued it - any solutions for replacing it ?

I'd call a local electrician if your not comfortable trying that yourself. I've replaced cords on many tools over the years but it can be tricky. If you have the old cord, the ratings will be on the wire itself so you know what to replace it with. Plugs can be purchased at the big box stores along with new power cable cable.

Sep 26, 2016 | Craftsman Saws

2 Answers

Bad Switch on Sears Reciprocating Saw Model No: 900.271261 Part No: 147325-00

sears do not make items but use other manufacturers to make items with sears name on them
it is very possible that the switch is generic and will fit other makes of saws
you may have to go to an appliance repairs shop with your switch as a sample and see if that is the case and if possible they may be able to point you in the right direction as to where a switch can be purchased
Try e-bay , type in switch for reciprocating saw ( leave the brand off) and you may find the switch there under a different name

Feb 06, 2016 | Saws

1 Answer

Where can I purchase a clamping plate for my Bosch 1632VS reciprocating saw

This part has been discontinued by Bosch and several aftermarket parts dealers I use no longer have any. There is currently one listed on eBay for $7.96. Just search on "BOSCH 3600690504" and it'll come up.

Feb 07, 2013 | Bosch 3600690504 Clamping Plate

1 Answer

Trying to find a tool to remove screws from my Navigator saw to replace the blade assembly. Also where can I purchase the blade assembly and the tool to remove the casing .

If you live by any wal mart or hardware stores they should carry the components you are looking for. like sears they will have what you are looking for.

Apr 05, 2011 | Black & Decker Saws

1 Answer

Scroll saw Model 572.247200 need manual or at least what saw blade it takes??????

According to the Sears web site, your sroll saw uses the #8030 blades, which have been replaced with #5088029. These are available from any Sears store or online at the following link, see item #31 or 31A, priced at $4.00

It would appear that the owners manual for your scroll saw has been discontinued and is no longer available (Sears #405015) But the line drawing and parts list may be of some value to you, should you need to do any repairs later on.

I hope you find this Very Helpful and best regards!

Oct 23, 2009 | Saws

1 Answer

Sears industrial reciprocating saw will not run. Appears to be a switch problem. Where can I send it for repair

You can buy the switch from sears and it is a simple fix psot here and I will give you there phone number and how to order it and how to repalce if you want to do it yourself.

Sep 30, 2009 | Craftsman 8.0 amp Reciprocating Saw

Not finding what you are looking for?
Craftsman 8.0 amp Reciprocating Saw Logo

Related Topics:

203 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Craftsman Saws Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

Craig Butler
Craig Butler

Level 3 Expert

1723 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4350 Answers

Are you a Craftsman Saw Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides