Question about Hunter Humidifiers
Lights all come on but fan doesn't work
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I need to know how
The instruction manual suggests using the water vinegar solution.
The following is from the manual.
1. Turn the humidifier ‘OFF’ and unplug the unit.
2. Lift the main housing and remove the water dispersion tray and the PermaWick™ Filters. The motor is attached to the main housing. Do not place the motor near water. Do not use a wet towel on the motor or motor housing as electrical shock may occur.
3. The PermaWick™ Filter should be cleaned in a vinegar and water solution to remove any mineral buildup. Place in a solution of one (1) gallon of water and eight (8) ounces of undiluted white vinegar. Allow the filter to soak for 20 minutes.
4. After soaking, rinse it several times with clean water. Place the PermaWick™ Filter in a location where it can drip dry while you clean the other parts of your humidifier.
5. Remove the water tank from the base and empty any water that is left in the tank. Soak the base in a mixture of one (1) gallon of water and eight (8) ounces of vinegar for 20 minutes.
6. After soaking, wipe the base with a soft cloth or sponge to remove any mineral build up. Rinse with clean water several times. If you are planning on storing the humidifier, be sure the base is completely dry.
7. Fill the water tank with one (1) gallon of water and eight ounces of undiluted white vinegar. Replace the tank cap and shake the tank vigorously until all interior surfaces of the tank have been exposed to the water/vinegar mixture.
8. Empty the tank of the water/vinegar mixture. Rinse it several times with clean water and then replace the tank cap. If you are planning on storing the humidifier, dry it inside and out, leaving the cap off to allow the tank to completely dry. Continue to clean the other parts of your humidifier.
9. Remove the water diffuser cap by squeezing the two tabs as shown in Figure 3. Rinse the cap in clean water to remove any debris. If the cap contains hard water residue, soak it in a mixture of one (1) quart of water and two (2) ounces of vinegar for 20 minutes. 41553-01 01/03/2008 6 © 2008 Hunter Fan Company
Rinse well and reinstall the water diffuser cap. Do not expose motor or other electrical components to water.
10. Wipe the surfaces of the main housing with a soft cloth.
11. Once all the parts are clean, reassemble the humidifier, and follow the USING YOURHUMIDIFIERto continue use. If you are storing the humidifier, make sure the parts are completely dry, reassemble, and store in a dry location.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
We were having the same problem. Here is how I fixed it but its hard to explain...
I took the main white part off and laid it side ways on a table looking inside there is a tube that goes from the top towards the main fan then connects to a plastic part that is shaped like a "p" In the middle part of the "p" you an see I tiny little gear. I manually turned the gear with a paper clip a few times and it worked. I had no idea what I was doing but I was determined!!!
Posted on Jan 20, 2010
SOURCE: Hunter humidifier 33251 - is
According to the Owners Manual, there's no way remove the top covering the fan. Just clean with a damp cloth and then wipe it draw. However, before wiping it with a damp cloth, you may want to try blowing out the sections of the grill with some canned compressed air with a straw nozzle (like you clean your computer with). Or use a vacuum cleaner with a hose and brush attachment. After doing that, wipe with a damp cloth and then a dry cloth.
If you need a copy of your Owners Manual, you can download and print it from the following website:
Posted on Feb 04, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2012 | Humidifiers
Jun 21, 2011 | Hunter 34357 Humidifier
Jun 05, 2011 | Hunter 34357 Humidifier
Feb 04, 2011 | Hunter 33251 2.5 Gallon Humidifier
Nov 24, 2010 | Hunter 33257 Humidifier
Mar 09, 2010 | Hunter CareFree Plus 33222 Humidifier
Feb 02, 2010 | Hunter 33201 Humidifier
Feb 17, 2009 | Hunter 33201 Humidifier
Mar 23, 2017 | Hunter Humidifiers
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: