Question about Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic Breeze? QUADRA GP Silent (SI861) (2 Pack) Air Purifier
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have the Ionic breeze
Ionic Breeze is no longer being supported by Sharper Image. They did have a recall program on the product but I believe it has been discontinued.
The product was proven not to clean the air by Consumer Reports as well as EPA studies. Sharper Image tried to sue but lost.
Consumer Products Safety Commission is reviewing all ionizers and will make a decision by the end of the year. Due to health issues with using the machines themselves, these machines may disappear for good.
Posted on Aug 18, 2008
Okay, after working on my Ionic Breeze Quadra I have fixed it. My problem was it wouldn't turn on even though the fins were clean.
2. Turn the machine upside down (there are 4 screws holding the bottom stand on) remove the screws
3. once bottom is off there are 2 screws sideways helping the hold the 2 sides together. Remove those 2 screws.
4. Turn the machine uprgiht and remove the middle fins (the ones you clean)
5. Remove the 4 screws that are deep in the 4 holes when you look down inside (you can't see the screws, I had to feel for them with a phillips head narrow screwdriver)
(it will be easier if your screwdriver has magnetic head for next step.)
6. after removing the 4 screws gently work lose the top (part that has the little lights and turn on push switch)
7. turn the breeze on its side, you will find about 5 or 6 tiny screws holding the two sides of the outside louver case together. Remove all these screws. You will be thankful for the magnetic end, I have small fingers and still had a problem catching the little screws.
8. You want to take off the screws from both sides but only remove one side.
9. Being careful of the wires (I left that side alone) I worked from the wire free side and using a bottle of rubbing alcohal and lots and lots of q-tips I gentle cleaned off all the gunk on all the little metal pieces at the bottom of the breeze (on the inside where the wires are). Clean as good as you can, you will find the metal pieces covered with what looks like tar but it comes off with the alcohal.
10. Using a can of 'canned air' like you'd use for a computer, gently blow the rest of the breeze parts getting all the dust away but being careful not to damage the electronics. (there are a lot of little computer boards). I didn't find any dust in the electrical parts in the very bottom of the breeze, just above where the fins are and some at the top where the controls are.
11. I cleaned the 1/2 I took completely off with some rubbing alcohal, gets that **** off pretty good but didn't mess with the side with the wires, just blew the dust out, gently cleaned a bit and on the outside.
12. To put back together, first I gently put the outer middle pieces together and then gently put the control top back on and replaced those 4 screws. Then I put the 10 or 12 tiny screws back into the middle, then the 2 screws in the bottom sides and 4 screws putting the stand back on. I stood it up, plugged it in (make sure its dry) and turned it on and the light came on and it is working great.
I've had mine for 3 years so I think they occasionally need a thorough cleaning. Except for the canned air I bought nothing else. Everyone has rubbing alcohal and q-tips in their homes. When I first started I didn't know how to dismantle it and tried to clean the inside with long q-tips but it was too hard. Those little metal pieces in the bottom make some sort of connection to the fins we pull out and clean so I guess they need good contact.
I hope I've helped all of you with the problem of the Ionic Breeze Quadra and I suspect any other iconic breeze type machine by sharper image pretty much comes apart the same way and may have the same problems. I don't know how to post this so that everyone can see it as a general solution. Maybe you guys at FixYa can help with that. --- Harry Potter Without the Wand (and a female to boot!)
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
I just typed in an msg on how I fixed mine. Im an old lady, and figured what the......... cant hurt. so check my msg here somewhere, and start taking out the screws. good luck, in the last couple of hours, ive fixed two of them, just cleaning the contacts. good luck to you.
Posted on Apr 23, 2009
My professional series Ionic breeze GP blows out what seems to be clean air but the purple lights inside it are no longer working. Can anyone tell me where I can find replacement bulbs or just what I need to do to get it working again. I got it as a gift 4 or so years ago. The gift giver says there was a 5 year warranty on it but I am not sure. Any advice would be helpful.
thank you. Nicole
Posted on Jul 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2010 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
May 30, 2010 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Jul 01, 2009 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Jun 10, 2009 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
May 24, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Feb 17, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP (SI730) Air...
Aug 28, 2008 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Jun 22, 2008 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Sep 27, 2014 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!