From the Kurio web site FAQs:
WARNING: a factory reset will erase all the content of the internal memory of your tablet, including all apps, games and files you save in this internal memory. To keep your files, please move it to the external SD card first.
This procedure shall not be done unless you were instructed to do so by the Tech Support or if you want to really restore the unit to its initial state.
After the reset, all preloaded applications and games must be reinstalled. To be able to reinstall all the initial content, please download the preload pack file here
Once the preload pack downloaded, unzip the file on your desktop to have a folder named "recover", then follow these steps:
1) Go to Settings / Backup & Reset and select the option "Factory Reset". The system will ask you to confirm several times.
2) The tablet will automatically reboot (reboot can take some time after a reset) and start the setup : DO NOT perform the setup yet. On the first step of the setup (language selection), connect the tablet to your computer and copy the folder "recover" on the root of your internal memory. Once the copy is finished, press the Power button of your tablet until the popup message shows up and press OK to turn off the device.
3) Turn on your tablet by pressing the power button 3 seconds : after the loading screen, the device will automatically install all preloaded applications : this operation can take up to 40 minutes depending of the number of apps to installed...be patient and ensure your device has enough power. In case of doubt, make sure it is plugged to the mains.
4) After the installation, the initial Kurio Setup will restart automatically: follow all the steps of the setup as when you initially set it up.
- After resetting and reconfiguring your device, please make sure that the date and time are correct. Some Kurio features, such as the content filtering software, may not work properly if the system shows the wrong date & time.
- if you created profiles and setup the Kurio Store before the reset, it is important to use the same profile name as before the reset so that the account can be restored.