Question about Sharp Aquos LC-32G4U 32 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
Hi there i have a sharp tv that turns itself off. well the picture goes off but you can still hear the sound if you turn off then back on it sometimes comes on other times it needs a little coaxing
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The bad news,your set needs a new inverter board installed.With persistence to sharp,you might be able to get them to pay for the parts.
Posted on Mar 05, 2008
SOURCE: Sharp Aquos LC-32D4OU
Comment by Guest, posted on Oct 25, 2008My
Aquos has the same problem. I'm not sure how I discovered this, but
when I lean the TV forward and hit the power button it will turn on
every time. If the screen blacks out and I don't lean it forward when I
hit the power button, the screen will just remain blank. It is very
weird, but at least repeatable.
- Thank you, Guest. That did it. It definitely seems to be a problem with the TV. Tilting it and hitting the power button helped me get the video back.
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
i was having these same problems with the screen going black, and i found that when i hit the back of my tv it would work sometimes. so, i improvised on some of the advice on this page and so far no problems. here is what i did (its very easy):
1. lay the tv on the floor and take off the back panel. (i think 12 screws)
2. on the right side of the tv (as you are looking at the back) you will notice a large metal covering that is held in place by 6 screws. unscrew these and remove the metal cover.
3. you will notice that the three screw holes on the left side of the board have some sort of metal or solder around them, in sort of a star pattern. when i looked closely i noticed that most of the metal (solder) was tarnished, or kind of blackened. (this must mean that the ground screws werent getting a good connection and this would explain why it would work sometimes when i hit it because it would vibrate the screws enough to get a good connection! )
so, take a pencil eraser and erase all the black or tarnish off the metal surrounding the screw holes. thats it! (to be safe i took some sandpaper and cleaned up the screw holes on the back of the metal covering, but i dont know if that was necessary)
at this point i followed another gentleman's advice to do a hard reset. this involved unplugging the 8 connections although i dont know if this was really necessary because i believe my problem was a ground issue. i did it just to be safe. his advice is on this site if you want to do this step.
4. i put everything back together and it worked! i performed a soft reset at this point which puts your tv back to factory settings. just go to menu>setup>reset>return to factory settings? yes
this will turn your tv off and back on. that's it. so far so good for me.
Posted on Dec 18, 2008
I had the same problem on my 37" Aquos. Sound went out about 8 months ago after 4 years. Technician said it was the Sound Power Supply. Total cost to fix was $440. $250 for the power supply and $170 for labor. Has worked fine ever since. When I asked for the old power supply he said he had to give it back as a trade in. I don't believe that so I don't really know if the power supply was the real cause.
Now I've lost sound on 4 channels on my 20" Aquos. Great picture, but wouldn't buy another Sharp product.
Posted on Dec 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2014 | Sharp LC-32A66M 32 inch Multi-System Full...
Oct 28, 2013 | Televison & Video
Jan 24, 2010 | Sharp 32U-F810 32" TV
Oct 30, 2009 | Sharp Aquos LC-37GD6U 37 in. LCD HDTV
Oct 08, 2009 | Sharp Aquos LC-37GD6U 37 in. LCD HDTV
Mar 29, 2009 | Sharp LC-32D41U 32 in. LCD Television
Jan 10, 2008 | Sharp Aquos LC-32D40U Television
4,762 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: