According to the manual for IS series Mr. Coffee for programmable models:
1. Prepare one batch of Mr. Coffee coffeemaker cleaner. Pour the mixture into the water reservoir. Remove the water filtration disk from the machine.
4 cups or 20 oz. of undiluted, white household vinegar may be used as a substitute for the cleaner.
2. Place an empty paper filter or permanent filter into the filter basket and close.
3. Place the empty decanter back in the unit, centered on the warmer plate.
4. Press SELECT button until the red CLEAN indicator light is illuminated. For your convenience the cleaning cycle is automatic. The entire cycle will take 45-60 min to complete. During the cleaning your coffeemaker will:
- Slow brew approx. 3 cups of cleaning solution.
- Pause for 30 min (the CLEAN light will remain on to alert you that the process is active). At the end of the pause period your coffeemaker will beep.
- After 30 mins your coffeemaker will brew the remainder of the cleaning solution.
- When complete, the CLEAN light will turn off and your coffeemaker will automatically beep and shut off.
5.Discard the cleaning solution and rinse the decanter thoroughly with clean water.
6. Fill the water reservoir with clean fresh water.
7. Place the empty decanter back on the coffeemaker, centered on the warmer plate.
8. Remove and discard the filter used during the cleaning cycle and replace it with a fresh paper filter. If a permanent filter was used during cleaning, remove it and rinse it thoroughly before replacing it in the filter basket.
9.Begin brewing and allow the full brew cycle to complete.
Repeat steps 6-9 one more time.