Question about Hotpoint WF430 Front Load Washer
Door will not open
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
no manual way.
check machine has drained fully - if not door will not open. in this case, put drain hose down at floor level in a shallow dish to drain
disconnect from mains.take top off. feel down front of machine where door latch is and you should be able to feel door peg thro the interlock. pry to one side with thumb nail to open (this is quite difficult)
break door handle off and lever door peg with a small screwdriver
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
SOURCE: Door won't open
Usual reason for this is not emptied correctly. The filter on this model is in an awkward place so try lowering drain hose into a bowl to check if water still in.
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
Turn the dryer dial to off, making sure you can hear it click off, wait 1 min, and then try door. If it will still not open then you may have faulty door lock, or a prob with the door handle.
Plz rate my solution.
Posted on Dec 29, 2008
SOURCE: Door Won't Open
This is joyce
Have you tried to go to ge.com and download your documenton. your book. put in your model # and this will give you some info on why the door wont open. their is a reason.
let me know if you need any help, if you cant find out why, let me know and I will research it a little more and see if I can get you some help, but you may have to call a technician out to fix problem.
Posted on Feb 13, 2009
Ok - I will answer my own problem seeing as though I have now fitted it!
1. remove door (2 screws)
2. There is a tensioned wire loop holding the front part of the boot seal in position. - prize off the plastic cap at the 11 o'clock position, all will become clear and you will be able to remove the wire loop.
3. Remove top of washing machine (2 allen screws behind caps at the front.
4. Remove soap dispenser draw and any screws holding the front control panel and top of the door.
5. Remove bottom front plinth (just pull it off) underneath are a couple of screws holding the front panel part of the machine, remove these.
6. Remove front of machine giving you access to the steel band which locks the other end of the boot seal in position. Slacken this band right back using a nut-spinner screwdriver. Pull off the old boot and clean the lip ready for fitting of the new boot.
7. Fit new boot seal using a squirt of washing up liquid as lubricant if needed (mine didn't) to reseat the seal.
8. Refit and tension steel band.
9. Re-assemble front panel, ease boot back into front lip position then refit wire loop using a suitable pair of pliers/molegrips to crimp the retaining plastic cap back in situ.
Posted on Nov 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2013 | Hotpoint WF430 Front Load Washer
Jun 17, 2012 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
Aug 12, 2010 | Hotpoint Washing Machines
Jan 22, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Aug 28, 2007 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!